Monarch of the Seas 12/13/04

Ziggy7

Geez, this is only a month away and I thought ours for the CP was bad.

Think of it as - you will always find a pool chair, the crew will only attend to you, no waiting to get on the ship, (who cares about getting off) and maybe they will prepare the food for you tableside.:)

Really, I hope you have some to join in with you. Bon voyage!

Geez, this is only a month away and I thought ours for the CP was bad.

Think of it as - you will always find a pool chair, the crew will only attend to you, no waiting to get on the ship, (who cares about getting off) and maybe they will prepare the food for you tableside.:)

Really, I hope you have some to join in with you. Bon voyage!

Thank you roe2ship, actually I am going with 4 other ladies, not cc'ers so it wont be bad, just like meeting ppl and making friends :) Oh well more room, food, and fun for us hehehehehe :) See you in May!!! :)

I'll be getting off the same day you board.

I haven't got but one reply on my roll call.

Reggie:D

Thanks for the reply reggierail! Have a great cruise..... ummmm do you live on the monarch hehehe you sail her alot :)

Thanks for the reply reggierail! Have a great cruise..... ummmm do you live on the monarch hehehe you sail her alot :)

I'm the CCer who will be onboard with Reggie. I'm starting to think that we're cloans as this will be my third time onboard the Monarch this year.

Had you asked me if I'd be on her more than once this year, I would have said "no" as I only cruise every couple of years. However, I surprised my wife on the Monarch last January as I had proposed to her on our first RCI ship 10 years ago and wanted to propose again. I had such a great time on the ship, that when RCI ran a "happy hour" special that coincided with my spring break, I convinced my brother to go and we paid for my mom to go--it was both their first cruise, which they enjoyed and now my brother will be onboard a second time this December with his new wife (the 20th, not the 10th with me). And now, I have a friend who has never been on a cruise, sot that is why I'm going next month. We couldn't beat the price and it ended up being cheaper than going to Vegas and will give him an experience he has never had.

The Monarch is a great, convenient getaway. Now if they only left from San Diego, I'd truly be happy.

Enjoy!

If I sail any more on the Monarch I'll have to change my mailing address.:rolleyes:

Maybe I should get a job on the ship.;)

If I sail any more on the Monarch I'll have to change my mailing address.:rolleyes:

Maybe I should get a job on the ship.;)

I hear you Reggie. I may end up a bachelor if I end up on the ship again. My wife isn't as much of a fan of cruising as I am, and twice was enough for her. However, I still don't think you can beat the value of a cruise, especially the Monarch. We went to a concert in Palm Desert a few weeks ago, and by the time you add up the room, meals, and entertainment for ONE NIGHT, we could have spent three nights on the Monarch for less than double what we paid, with meals, entertainment, and an extra night included.

We just returned yesterday from our Monarch cruise. This was our 5th year in a row. We go in either Nov. or Dec. every year and luckily every time the weather has been just fine. We enjoy the quick get aways - and being able to drive to the port from home makes it even more affordable. All of our family can't believe we do this every year. We say why not do what you love to do ??

I don't know if many look to a get together with cc members on this cruise - I guess they don't do an official meet & greet on 3 or 4 night cruises. That of course doesn't mean cc'ers can't form a get together on their own tho. I never saw anything on the boards for our cruise date either. We sat with a great group of people in the dining room. As we chatted we found that we were all on the same deck (our stateroom was right next to one couple) and had used the same travel source for our tickets. I 've wondered how the ship figured out the dining table assignments.

I hope you get more replies to your post. Have a great time on your cruise.

We just returned yesterday from our Monarch cruise. This was our 5th year in a row. We go in either Nov. or Dec. every year and luckily every time the weather has been just fine. We enjoy the quick get aways - and being able to drive to the port from home makes it even more affordable. All of our family can't believe we do this every year. We say why not do what you love to do ??

I don't know if many look to a get together with cc members on this cruise - I guess they don't do an official meet & greet on 3 or 4 night cruises. That of course doesn't mean cc'ers can't form a get together on their own tho. I never saw anything on the boards for our cruise date either. We sat with a great group of people in the dining room. As we chatted we found that we were all on the same deck (our stateroom was right next to one couple) and had used the same travel source for our tickets. I 've wondered how the ship figured out the dining table assignments.

I hope you get more replies to your post. Have a great time on your cruise.

Thanks for the reply :) Glad you had a good time! I know we will too :) Do you know how early you can embark ????

Any good tips for us ladies ??? hehehe

Just what kind of tips are you looking for.:rolleyes:

I really enjoy the Schooner Bar. I've been lucky on my last 2 cruises to

enjoy a jam session there on the last night of the cruise. There were

a lot of crew members that joined in and it made for a great evening.

The dueling pianos in the Bolero Lounge was fun too. The late night parties by the pool can get rowdy, but they're always a lot of fun.:eek:

Just what kind of tips are you looking for.:rolleyes:

I really enjoy the Schooner Bar. I've been lucky on my last 2 cruises to

enjoy a jam session there on the last night of the cruise. There were

a lot of crew members that joined in and it made for a great evening.

The dueling pianos in the Bolero Lounge was fun too. The late night parties by the pool can get rowdy, but they're always a lot of fun.:eek:

Just anything you think we should know or might help. Your tips so far is great! Thanks! :)

shipknotshore thanks! That helps alot :)

Archived