Nachi Cocom Beach Club-Montezuma's Revenge??

bdklein

Any of you have any experience with Nachi Cocom Beach Club? Looks like I will be spending an hour or two there during the morning, between scuba dives. Do I have to be concerned about ice cubes, tap water, lettuce-concerned about Montezumas revenge. Thanks in advance.

if you were going to mainland mexico, i would say be careful...but in cozumel it doesn't seem to be a problem. if you read a few pages, you may find the report that someone says cozumel has a more modern, better water system then on mainland mexico...plus many of the resorts use bottled water to be extra careful.

you won't have a problem at nachi :D, everything is very nice.

if you were going to mainland mexico, i would say be careful...but in cozumel it doesn't seem to be a problem. if you read a few pages, you may find the report that someone says cozumel has a more modern, better water system then on mainland mexico...plus many of the resorts use bottled water to be extra careful.

you won't have a problem at nachi :D, everything is very nice.

Cathi, maybe you can answer this for me. Is there shopping at/around Nachi?

Any of you have any experience with Nachi Cocom Beach Club? Looks like I will be spending an hour or two there during the morning, between scuba dives. Do I have to be concerned about ice cubes, tap water, lettuce-concerned about Montezumas revenge. Thanks in advance.

No. ALL the water used in food prep in Cozumel is purified. ALL the water served in restaurants in purified, including the ice. You'll be fine.

I was with a group of 25 at Nachi on 11/24. The water is given to you bottled. The food was fab!!!!! No one got sick. Great atmosphere I can't say enough. I would go again tomorrow if I could. No shopping near any of the beaches down near Nachi (Mrs. Sanchos, Paradise) that I could see.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes! The OP asked the question so "the rules" are you can answer it. I would like to read about you experience as we will be there in Feb! :)

Last Wednesday, there were five ships in port with a port load of over 15,000 people. With that in mind, Nachi was a no-brainer.

Once off the pier, keep walking past the market place and eventually you will get to the taxis. $15 fee for up to four people each way. Even though it was only two of us they left right away. 15-20 minutes later we were there.

They assigned Joseph to wait on us that day. Since we arrived late (around 1 PM), we were seated the furtherest from the main facility. I had heard that when that happens, service is not as good. Joseph, however, was great, he must have made 25 treks to our palapa. He said you can ask for him when you get there.

The sand was made up of crush shell, but was still soft and clean. Very few insects and a day in the low 80's made up a near perfect day. The water temp was a little cold for us, so we did not swim.

The food was wonderful. The authentic Mexican salsa was great, but it took 2 Coronas, a Pina Colada, and a margarita to put out the fire.

The current exchange rate is about 12-13 pesos per US Dollar, so it was really strange to see a food item on the menu for $166.00. Of course, the prices did not appy to us after our $49 all inclusive package.

If you like to people watch, this is not the place. If you want a quiet place with lots of good food and drink, you will like it at Nachi Cocom.

My family was at Nachi on 12/23/08 and loved it. Agree with everything said in the post above. The snorkle trip was great. Max 8 people in the boat with 2 guides, one of which snorkles with you. Lots of personal attention on the trip, and everywhere else at Nachi. I'd go back in a heatbeat!

Last Wednesday, there were five ships in port with a port load of over 15,000 people. With that in mind, Nachi was a no-brainer.

Thank you for the review! There will be 5 ships in ports the day we are there and chose Nachi for the exact same reason! Well that and it also gets great reviews! :)

My family was at Nachi on 12/23/08 and loved it. Agree with everything said in the post above. The snorkle trip was great. Max 8 people in the boat with 2 guides, one of which snorkles with you. Lots of personal attention on the trip, and everywhere else at Nachi. I'd go back in a heatbeat!

We added snorkeling as well when we booked. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

I have a question about the snorkeling. Did people tip the guides when you were done?

Archived