Crane for Day

IHATESNOW

I plan on heading to Crane Beach and Crane Beach hotel for the day with my family of four and I'd like to know thw following:

How long of a cab ride is it?

How much should I expect to pay each way?

Is it still $12.50 pp for the hotel?

Do they still issue you credit for the restaurant/beach bar?

Can you use other facilities there?

How much are drinks at the beach bar say for a beer or foo foo drink?

It looks like in the pictures that the hotel is a ways from the beach, how far is it?

How early can I/should I get there?

thanks

So, the $25 pp BBD for hotel access is really $12.50 USD, right?

And, it appears that the local access costs nothing, yes? So, if all we want is to rent chairs on the beach, then it makes sense to bypass Crane Hotel--anything I'm missing?

Estimated cabfare for four, anyone? Or can we take a local bus? We generally try to take public transport--you see much more and can interact with the locals!

That Crane beach looks so gorgeous!

Thanks to all.

And, it appears that the local access costs nothing, yes?

So, if all we want is to rent chairs on the beach,

then it makes sense to bypass Crane Hotel--anything I'm missing?

Yeaahh a whole bunch of rocks to go over as seen here..

CraneHotel-805.jpg

although not illustrated too well in this shot..

There's plenty more big rocks to traverse that aren't showing in the foreground.

I'll try to take a shot specifically to show the free N.Eastern approach.

It may be better to pay the hotel the small sum

and have access with a degree of class and facility,

rather than battle it from the N.E.side but it all depends on your priorities

Yes the 12.50usd.. is the same as 25.00bbd.. I'm sorry I don't know the cab fare, but I, like Aplmac, would suggest you take a cab rather than the bus (as it will take much longer by bus, and you will waste your day). I haven't been on this beach in years, but agree that the "free" entrance is rocky and if you have someone in your group that is even slightly unsteady on their feet, you may want to splurge on the hotel entrance..

I got up there today

and took some pics of the rocky North-Eastern public access route

This is the rocky bit of shoreline you're getting around, to get to Crane Beach..via public access

rather than pay U.S.$12.50 per person

NEapproach-98.jpg

maybe you can make out a dodgy path of stepping stones..?

This is where the public access path begins, after you've made your way down narrow Boxill's Road..

NEapproach-86.jpg

..where parking is not easy...okay, but not easy..

These younger folks are making their way back from Crane Beach..

NEapproach-87.jpg

Like SunnieBGI said, this is no place for the infirm -or those who are wobbly!

And here's your pathway - close up, in living detail.

CraneBeach-94.jpg

I asked this young man how easy of difficult it was...

he said "Oh it's easy" ..but bear in mind he's under-30.

Take a hint. ;)

Our group will now beach at nearby Rockley instead of The Crane-

-that shoreline is considerably narrower than the ones shown on The Crane's website!

Don't be misled by the angle of my photo above..

Crane Beach is plenty wide enough.

Here's a shot taken from The Crane Hotel end of things, just today!

Looks wide enough to me!

Crane-053.jpg

I hope you can help..I'm still looking for a resturant close to the pier where I can have my favorite meal"Flying Fish and Cou cou. Or curried goat and okra,,Cod fish and gravey would be my 3rd choose,, Can you direct me please... I'm about to panic...:eek: Last question: I remember you buy frozen flying fish at the air port to send back to the states.. If you can, please give me phone number or web-site to conact the company.. We arrive on Saturday and Brown Sugar is closed that afternoon..Thanks Again

If you are here on a Saturday, it's possible that one of the food vendors along Hinks street across from the Fishing complex might be doing Flying Fish and Cou Cou. You may also be able to find someone with Frozen Flying fish at the fishing complex, but if you plan to take it back you want it shrink wrapped. I'm not sure you would be allowed to take it onboard any other way.

Thanks a bunch for those places to eat my favorite meal...

Just one more favor to ask..

The flying fish I'm trying to buy is located at the airport.. You buy it frozen and they mail it to the states for you.. Can anyone:) give me a phone number or website for this business,, It is inside the airport .. Thanks Again for the headsup you supplied me....

Have a wonderful New years...

http://barbadosyp.com/

I'm going to recommend that you go to this page.. type in Flying Fish in the search and you should get at least 3 wholesale companies that deal in fish. I cannot for the life of me remember the company that send the fish from the airport.. they may not be there any longer as the airport has been renovated and not sure what was kept and what went.

But try this and see what you get.

Good luck.

http://barbadosyp.com/

I'm going to recommend that you go to this page.. type in Flying Fish in the search and you should get at least 3 wholesale companies that deal in fish. I cannot for the life of me remember the company that send the fish from the airport.. they may not be there any longer as the airport has been renovated and not sure what was kept and what went.

But try this and see what you get.

Good luck.

Worked like a charm..And thanks to Aplmac for the try.. Take it easy and stay healthy...:)

I plan on heading to Crane Beach and Crane Beach hotel for the day with my family of four and I'd like to know thw following:

thanks

Interesting, I was thinking of the same thing so I e-mailed the Hotel and was told.

How much should I expect to pay each way? He said $35 ( not sure if that was BBD)Is it still $12.50 pp for the hotel? They quoted me $25/p, but again not sure if BBDDo they still issue you credit for the restaurant/beach bar? Yes

Can you use other facilities there? Not the pool. You have to rent a room for the day at 40% of regular rate.How much are drinks at the beach bar say for a beer or foo foo drink? Didn't ask that

It looks like in the pictures that the hotel is a ways from the beach, how far is it? Haven't been there, but I agree looking at pictures

$5/p for a beach chair depending on availability

Hello Moondawgie-fancy meeting you here. I'll have to study up on Rockley.

I haven't gotten it straight on the cost of the room if it includes how many people etc. 40% off which rate $230 or $540 BBD our U..S

Ricko1- I have been following your 1/4/09 MOS. Be sure and eat at the place in Montevideo near the dock where they are cooking the meat over the open fire. Casa Mario leater.

Didn't look into flying fish but check in Ushuaia.

We used to go fishing in Mobile Bay and these fish would just jump in the boat. Are these the same kind of flying fish? You are one loyal RCCL person.

Joe,

The room at the rate of US$230, with the 40% discount applied is US$138, inclusive of Government tax and service charge. This is the rate on the Hotel Room, and a maximum of 2 persons only would be allowed.

The room that would best accommodate the 7 persons you are proposing is a One Bedroom Ocean View Suite. The room rate would be US$384, inclusive of the 40% discount and Government tax and service charge.

To reserve the room, you are advised to give prior notification to ensure the room category you are interested in is actually available, but you are welcomed to come up and provide a Visa, MasterCard or Amex credit card for the payment on the room for the day.

If you are booking in advance, please note that the booking would have to be made approximately 1 week prior to arrival.

If you reserve the room, you will not be required to make the payment of BD$25 for the day-pass. You are free to utilise all the Resort's amenities as any other guest of The Crane.

I trust this clarifies it for you, but if you require anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me or one of my colleagues.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best for the New Year!

Regards,

Korey Boyce

Hotel Reservations

I think it is going to be too steep for us to go this direction for just a few hours.

I'd like to visit Crane Beach this March, but I just want to make sure I understand correctly that the day pass for the hotel is booked/purchased upon arrival? Or do I need to contact the hotel in advance?

Angela

The day pass of 25 BBD can be purchased when you arrive. $5/p extra for a beach chair. See below for the other rules.

Archived