Ziplining-which port is best?

ncdachsiemom

I didn't know St Thomas had one. We were supposed to go ziplining in Antigua last cruise but it got cancelled b/c of the weather. It had rained the night before. We went in Dominica instead & it was horrible. It was an obstacle course not just ziplining. Make sure you know what you are getting into.

Antigua!

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I am not going....never would I fly through the air without an airplane under me!:eek: My nieces and nephews are teenagers and think this would be cool, so I am checking for them. At 61 my idea of fun is a lounge chair on the beach with an umbrella drink in hand! :p

There are two tours on our ship in Antigua, one is the Canopy Tour and the other is the Canopy Tour and Challenge. Do you know which one you took?

Thanks a lot!

Linda

I didn't know St Thomas had one. We were supposed to go ziplining in Antigua last cruise but it got cancelled b/c of the weather. It had rained the night before. We went in Dominica instead & it was horrible. It was an obstacle course not just ziplining. Make sure you know what you are getting into.

Thanks, Trish, I saw your review elsewhere.....as you can see from my post above, I would be horrified to have your experience!:eek:

You are right, St Thomas doesn't have one....it is Antigua with 2 different ones and St. Maarten with a Loterie Farm Tree Top Zipline adventure tour.

Thanks for your input!

Linda

There are two tours on our ship in Antigua, one is the Canopy Tour and the other is the Canopy Tour and Challenge. Do you know which one you took? Linda

The challange was literally the absolute hardest physical thing I ever did in my life & I hated every minute of. DH said it reminded him of Marine boot camp. If that is your teen's idea of fun, go for it. I can't fault the company's safety considerations but the challange course is an obstacle course in the air. It is not sitting & zipping. That part is fun; the rest of it sucked. Just understand exactly what you are getting into.

Also make sure every participant has the right clothes -- do not listen to the cruise line when they tell you that you can go this in a bathsuit & flip flops. You need sturdy footwear & exercise clothing or at least cotton.

Archived