Suite Perks

KellyJ

Hello Everyone,

Hubby and I are going to book our next cruise soon. We are planning on the Carnival Conquest either a 9A(aft with balcony) or a suite. The prices are not that much more for the Suite, however, I wanted to know what suite perks there are if any to justify the cost difference, or is just being in a suite reason enough?

Would like the opinions of former suite cruisers and in particular if anyone has been in an 9A, 11 or 12 Cat on the Conquest.

Kelly J

[quote name='KellyJ']I wanted to know what suite perks there are if any[/QUOTE]None other than Skippers Club priority check-in/boarding (depends on which port of embarkation).

No "goodies," concierge, butler, expanded cabin service menu, etc, none of that stuff.

If you book the suite you will be allowed to pass the long line of people waiting to check in and you go to a private room to show your documents. From there you will go directly to the embarkation line - it takes so much time out of the process! That alone is worth the extra $$. Now the difference on Carnival between the 9A and 11 is tremendous IMHO. The bathroom is all marble and beautiful with a tub complete with jets! Since being upgraded from a 9 to an 11 I have never booked below the suite. You will not regret it. My next trip in Feb we have decided to try a 12 - cannot wait! Good luck!

You do get priority debarkation. I just got off the Spirit yesterday and I was given VIP tags and allowed off earlier than most. So the only perks I know of, are early on and early off......and of course you get the bigger stateroom which is a big plus.....It would be nice to have a few more perks for suite passengers, but I really don't see that happening.....:confused:

Thank you for your responses. I will keep that in mind. We are torn between the big balcony on the 9A or the Suite. Since it is not much more than the 9A, this would be our opportunity to try one.

Kelly J

We had a Cat 11 suite on the Triumph this past April..
I'd personally opt for the wrap-around balcony with the 9A!
Cat. 11's are nice, but I doubt if the cabin is that much bigger..
The 9A's are in a 'class by themselves'.. and then there's the balcony!! :D
Cat. 11 got us a larger bathroom with tub and seperate vanity area, but not much bigger than a Cat 8. We had NO on and off privileges that I know of..
We stayed at the Miami Hyatt and checked in at the Hotel for the cruise, and had VIP tags to get off for an early flight, but I think anyone who has an early flight can get those..! :rolleyes:

In Miami they do have the Skippers Club and its a very nice room they take you to away from all the crowd and you get checked in while you sit and relax. You have to know about it or else you would just get in line like everyone else. On your tickets in the front, it should also say "Skippers Club" by your names. There are a few ports that do not offer it, San Diego is one of them.....

When I tried to use the Skippers Club in Port Canaveral I was told by the lady at the door that there were a lot of people in line (and there was only one person handling check-ins) and it might be faster if I use the Funpass line. So we joined the long but fast moving Funpass line but they still had to go over to the Skippers Club to get our cards. I doubt that we saved much time, if any.

Stu.

Archived