Anyone heard about jellyfish at Labadee???

shopngolf

We were on the Navigator on 8/7/04 and although Labadee was one of our favorite stops, yes--there were lots of jellyfish and starfish. We were in the area near the waterpark & saw several people get out because they were stung by the jellyfish. An attendant was walking through the water scooping up jellyfish & burying them into the sand.

I asked about this a while ago.From the replies it seems to be hit or miss whether they will be there.Someone said they are very small there so they may be hard to spot.If you do a search there were a few threads about this.Try searching Labadee.Hope this helps.

I was there last week and we didn't see a single jellyfish on the beaches to the left of the tender pier. I did read someone on my cruise say the water park did have a jellyfish problem that day. That's on the right side. The far side of the peninsula was jelly-fish free.

There's a product you can buy called Sea Safe. It's a sun block with a jellyfish and sea lice repellent built in. We used it a couple years ago, it worked great. Only caveat, it doesn't seem to last as long as other sun blocks, so you need to reapply a lot more frequently.

Anne

• 3 weeks later...

Archived