Compass for 3 Night Monarch of the Seas Cruise

Would anyone happen to have copies of the Compasses for a recent 3 Night cruise on Monarch of the Seas? I'm going on the Monarch on the Jan 16-19 cruise (first Royal Caribbean cruise... been on Disney a number of times) and would like to see some of the activities they have on the ship...

Thanks for your help!

Ragen,

Thanks so much for your help! Did you just go on this cruise? If so, how was it? I'm really looking forward to this cruise... I've wanted to go on a Royal Caribbean cruise for quite a while, and would like to do a longer cruise on one of the newer ships, but got a great deal on this one...

I've been on it twice when it was still Sovergein Of The Seas, (basiclly the same) But now that it's been replaced by the Monarch it will be my first on that ship but same itenary,(and exactly the same dates as you are going, small world Huh?)....I've also done the Disney Wonder,...

Basic comparisons to 3 day wonder by me quickly,....

Main Theater Shows, Disney wins this one of easily,.....But The Royal Carribian Singers & Dancers are still very good, so don't miss them,....and they usally have a live band, so thats a plus to me. Guest entertainers (magicians/jugglers/comidiens) change all the time on RCI so it's hit or miss, you never know till you see it.

Smaller bars/Piano Bars/Late nite Dance Clubs/Keroki Etc,....Much more fun on RCI then the "Route 66" Disney Wonder Stuff.

Food: Main Dining Rooms (Evenings) & Specialty Restarunts, Disney Wins This one too, Not just because of Rotational Dineing, But with better Offerings on the menu,...

However, Buffets, Breakfasts, Late night snacks & Most Noon Lunchs, I'd give that to RCI, (Disney was kindof lacking at those times.)

Private Islands, & Free Island Lunch Buffets, I like RCI Coco-Cay Better,

Better Food, More Relaxing, More Private areas,More Hamocks, Etc. However Disney's Castaway Has Two advanatges I wish RCI had and dosen't, 1, Bike rentals, and 2, a dedicated peir instead of tendering to shore.

State rooms, Disney easily wins again, but on the monarch, although small, thay work fine for the price and short cruise leignth.

Staff Friendliness/Helpfulness, I'd say a very nice tie, Both Lines are Great.

(Carnival could learn lessons from both of them.)

Overall,....If traveling with small Kids, or spending alot of time in you're stateroom, then Disney is a Winner, However if Adults & Teens, I'd say RCI is the better choice overall for a short Bahamas trip.

(Just my opinion, Any questions, Just ask and I'll try'n help.)

and one last thing,.....I've done Carnival 3 & 4 days to Nassau as well, and even though I say their staff wasn't as Friendly as RCI & Disney, I liked Thair food the best of the 3, So, as I see it, each cruse line has it's streignths and weakness's, and everybody has their own opinions, All Cruses are Great if you go with an open Mind.

However, that being said, as you can see by my list below, what my main choice is.

Cruises so far,...

Disney Once (Might do again in a few years if price is right)

Carnival Twice (Thinking of booking Third.)

Royal-C Three (And Next two already Booked and Approching.)

Ragen,

Thanks for your comparison between the two cruise lines. Although I love the Disney cruises we have been on for the quality and service, I'm really looking forward to this one (and hopefully others) on RCI. We're in our early/mid 20s, and no kids are in our group, so I think for those reasons we'll find RCI to be a little more to our liking. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. But if you watch, obviously you can get a much better deal with RCI (or Carnival for that matter) when comparing to Disney - hence the reason for this trip. I am a seasonal Cast Member at Disney, so we're able to get some pretty good deals on DCL, but not anywhere near as good of a deal as we got on this one - and for the same amount of days.

Thanks again! Maybe we'll run into you on board!

One Last Thing,...

The One Thing you don't want to miss onboard RCI & Monarch,....

The Adult game "The Quest" at around 10:30pm on the Last Night,...

I know Disney does a simple version of this game in "WaveBands",...But Believe Me,.....RCI does this one so much better,.....Just go and stay till the end and you'll see what I mean. -:eek:-

Thanks again for all your help... We'll definitely make sure to go to The Quest.

You wouldn't happen to know where I could find copies of the Compass for the first two days at the higher resolution (like the day 3 Compass), would you?

Thanks again for all your help... Merry Christmas!

No sorry I don't,......Those are the only ones anybody on a recent Monarch sailing I've seen posted so far, They are not mine, I just reposted them from sombody elses post a few weeks back , (just as I found them). I found that if you load them up in a program like Paintshop Pro, or Coral Paint, you can blow them up some and play with the edge enhance features to read them slightly better, but still kinda hard to read. Sorry, and Good Luck.

Archived