Typical cost to 7 mile beach

toodycat

I was looking at excursions for Grand Cayman. Our cruise has an excursion to 7 mile beach (Seagrape) for $29 pp. Is it less expensive to take a taxi with 3 passengers? How much is a taxi? Is anyone aware of specific advantages to going with the cruise line apart from the welcome drink and the knowledge that the ship probably won't leave without you? Also, does anyone have any photos of 7 mile beach to share?

Thanks!

It should cost between $4 and $5/person to get anywhere on 7 mile beach or you can take the bus for $2.50/person. I don't know of any reason why you would want to pay for an excursion to go to the beach. If you go on your own you can control when you want to go and how long you want to stay. You will only be a couple of miles from the pier so I wouldn't worry about missing the ship. I don't have pictures of Sea Grape but the Reef Grill/Royal Palms have webcams on their website so you can see what the beach is like at their site. The Reef Grill/Royal Palms and Sea Grape have very similar facilities but the Reef Grill is closer to the pier. The website for the Reef Grill/Royal Palms is http://www.reefgrill.com.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

To Sea Grape, it's likely about $6 US per person, each way. Royal Palms, as jean-lynd says, is closer to the pier, so that's about $4 per person.

The beach is almost identical in those two sections of Seven Mile Beach, so there's very little difference if you're just looking for some time on the beach. Beach entry is free, and both locations have a bar/restaurant, chair and umbrella rentals, watersports rentals, washrooms, showers, etc.

Does the excursion include chair or umbrella rental? If so, then it's maybe not that bad a deal. Rentals for those at either Sea Grape or Royal Palms are around $5 an item, if I'm remembering correctly (I normally don't rent them, I'm usually either in the bar or on a towel on the beach).

If no chair/umbrella is included, then your "welcome drink" is a whopping $15, and they're usually smaller than the full size drinks that you can get at the beach bar for around $10. You're paying a bit of a premium for that peace of mind about the ship leaving on you...

Grand Cayman is very, very safe. It's not a problem heading to the beach on your own, rather than with an excursion. There will be a huge line of taxis (mini-vans) at the pier, all headed in that direction... :D Just take a watch and keep an eye on the time, and you should be fine.

I'm thinking the Reef Grill on 7 Mile Beach would be an inexpensive, relaxing excursion that we can take a taxi to. Sounds like there are a lot of taxis at the pier but what about the return trip from the beach back to the pier?

Archived