Cost of Weight Watchers materials at meetings? New Momentum plan?

cruzzza

Just another hint, I found the country kitchen breads and engligh muffins better than weight watchers. I get the light english muffins (white and lite raisen.

Losing weight is a slow process but it works. I think because you adapt to the differnt lifestyle changes you make. The first 6 months I found the most difficult.

Bought the WW bread - two slices 1 point- and it is surprisingly good. I try to have a salad as much as possible, but all this lettuce is making me crazy. Did a bad thing and had fried shrimp last night. That is gonna cost me!! I'll be very good today and tomorrow...promice. Suzyed ...how'd you do?

I lost 1.4 pounds and DD lost 1.8!!!

We use the "Whitewheat bread", it's alot like wonder bread, but it does have fiber...1 point for two slices. DH will even eat it and he doesn't even know he is eating "diet" bread. ;)

Oh! And another really yummy thing we discovered....VitaMuffins and VitaTops!! They taste like yummy, very moist muffins...1 point each!!!! And they keep you full! We bought them online (just google Vitamuffins) and can also find some of them in the freezer in the organic section at Kroger.

I'm convinced the accountability at the meetings is the key. I don't think I could do it if not for that Thursday weigh in. lol

I am losing very slowly, but then...that's probably best. The weight didn't come on overnight and will not go away overnight. :cool:

Good luck to ALL of you both on WW and any other program. We are all in this together!

I agree! When you know you are going to weigh in..it's easier to be "good".

I am also losing very slowly...but I figure, if I wasn't doing WW, I would still be GAINING! So I am ok with this!

Hi,:) I need to start somewhere......and lose everywhere:eek:

Ya'll sound like a good group. I think I will check the WW website

to find a meeting.

My sister started on WW a couple of months ago and she has

lost 15 lbs so far.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Good morning everyone, here's my WW story.

Three years ago I decided it was time to get into shape for my DS's wedding. I was able to lose about 35 lbs. on my own following some of what I did when I had joined WW several years earlier but didn't stick with it. Then I decided to quit smoking and gained about 20 lbs. back. So in February 2008 I decided it was time to really dedicate myself and in the 1 year since joining WW Online (I just can't do another meeting, have enough to attend at work) I've been able to lose 41 lbs.!!!! So my total in the last 3 years is 60lbs. and I have another 30-35 to go. It is definitely a great program for me as it's taught me to learn a new way of eating and the importance of exercise. I love all the online tools from the Weight Tracker, Points Tracker, Recipe Builder and and the WW recipes that are easy. This week, down 1 lb. and doing the happy dance....

My weigh in was Wedn and another 2 pounds gone!! total of 12!! I'm still craving candy. After weigh in I ate a Three Musketeers bar for lunch..I figure once a week can't be so bad! I can't imagine loosing 40 pounds, it seems so hard. I'm 61 and only 5'2''. I carry my weight in my midsection. I can see it is going away, but I still feel fat and dumpy. Keep going everyone, I need the support!

My weigh in was Wedn and another 2 pounds gone!! total of 12!! I'm still craving candy. After weigh in I ate a Three Musketeers bar for lunch..I figure once a week can't be so bad! I can't imagine loosing 40 pounds, it seems so hard. I'm 61 and only 5'2''. I carry my weight in my midsection. I can see it is going away, but I still feel fat and dumpy. Keep going everyone, I need the support!

Ok Judi, I am the same height and shape as you. I am 11 years younger and a couple lbs. less. Just joined WW again...and I agree with others about the accountability of going to a meeting and weighing in...I need that to stay on track! We'll see how I do on Wed. Ok I am throwing you SUPPORT lol, keep up the good work! Actually I want to throw you ALL support!

I like this..."Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"...I think that's how it goes?

Welcome Mag! I hate this shape- weighed 112 til I was 40 years old, then zap, had my first baby and it went down hill from there. Since then my lightest was 128 ( I think trying to keep up with a child) and heaviest 169. It took 20 years to get that heavy, but I hope it doesn't take twenty to get it off. All I can hope is if I loose it, it will say away for another 20 years!!! When I'm 80 I don't think I will care!:D Thanks for the support...I need it!

Judi

Hi Judi:)tomorrow I go to my first meeting after work.

I went to the store today and got quite a few frozen dinners

from WW. I see they have the amount of points on the outside

of the box.

I live on my own and enjoy eating out....hope I can get

information on what is allowed, how many points things have,

etc.

My lightest weight was back in the late 80s, early 90s.....

I smoked and was between a size 6 and size 8..probably about 110

or 115.

I quit smoking in 1991.

Now its 2009 and I am between a 14-16 and am over 170:(

Just tired of being fat......:eek:

Oh, I will be 51 this month. Hopefully I can find some

motiviation somewhere to do this.....

Judy, you are going to do great! Eating out can definitely done on WW. Here's a great site that has tons of restaurants listed.....http://www.dwlz.com

http://dwlz.com/

Also, Applebee's has a WW menue which is pretty good.

We are very close in weight and size, I have a goal to be in 160 by my birthday, care to join me with the same goal?

ps, the motivation is within you!

Going out to eat is not a big deal for me. We live in a small southern town with a few fast food places for the passing truckers and only three restaurants, all Mom and Pop kind. Every Friday we join a group of friends at the Country Club for dinner. Hubby and I split a dinner and we are able to stay within our points. The big thing down here is Fried Food. I swear they fry everything, even pickles! I cook at home with one of my neighbors six days a week. I find it easier to cook for four than for two.

We retired down here from Chicago and being Italian it is very difficult to cook for two. My neighbor is from New Jersey and enjoys the same type food as we do so we cook at my house every night. Our Southern Friends don't know what half this stuff is, but then I don't understand collard greens and black-eyed peas! Chin up folks, we'll get thru this!!!

My mother was born and raised in Alabama so I understand what you mean about everything fried. I think that is one reason why I have struggled my whole life with weight issues. I never really got into frying food, what a mess. I am now so into cooking and probably watch the Food Network more than any channel. I love to try new recipes and make them healthy....BTW, you haven't lived until you have black eyed peas and collards over home made corn bread and hot sauce tossed on it!;)

OMG Mary, that's what they eat down here for New Years!! Tasted collard greens for the first time then and can't say I liked it, but I did try it! I prefer Italian bread to corn bread, but if you know about these small towns, you know I'm not going to find it! We live in South East Al and we have to go north or south an hour to get to a good size town with a Publix or Sam's to do our grocery shopping. We don't even have a Super Wal-Mart yet, and they are the rage down here! Our little Win-Dixies just doesn't have the stuff I'm used to.

Hi Ladies,

You all sound like you are doing well and keeping on track. It is now the end of my first week back on WW and I weigh in later today. Keeping my fingers crossed as I had a good week and my scale here says I lost a couple of lbs. I stick more with the old WW Core program/South Beach/Adkins type program as that seems to work best for me.

So if I lose my 10 lbs I gained this winter (do it every year and it pisses me off!) then I can fit into my summer clothes again. My goal is to lose 10 more after that to be at 140 then I really will feel awesome in my clothes. I did this a couple of years ago but it did not stay off. Then I can try to just keep going for one more 10 count...wouldn't that be nice. Do you sense a pattern in the 10 goals? Hopefully that will help my mindset instead of saying 30 lbs!

Every couple of years we go to Dover for the NASCAR races in early June (my DH is a NASCAR nut) and that is a countdown I am trying to use to motivate me to lose. Usually very hot down there and the less clothes the better.

My DH works for a company that also has a division in NC...I am so sick of this cold and snow that we talked and I said yes as soon as my DS is out of HS (5 years) I am ready to move move move on down! Ya never know...I hear it is a beautiful place to live.

Collard greens? black eyed peas? OK I am willing to try anything once...I do like corn bread and yes carbs are my downfall (not sweets).

I hope you are all having a good WW day.

today is my weigh in day also. A friend had a birthday yesterday and I didn't eat the cake..just the cream cheese frosting from it!! My dang weigh in is at 3:30...Why couldn't it be first thing in the am? Good luck to all and I'll check back later. I love living in the South..86 here yesterday, my DH is going back to Chicago tomorow where it is currently 9 degrees wind chill. He'll be back Tuesday and very greatful for our warm weather! :p

• 1 month later...

I am new to WW. And excited about the program.

I am cruising this June for the first time since joining WW. I am a frequent cruser and I did pretty good until the last cruise in Feb '09. But I have put on a few. I am going to use the online calculators. They have online access on board.

I just want to stay on track. And they have great gyms, and walking spaces.

Wish me luck!!

I am new to WW. And excited about the program.

I am cruising this June for the first time since joining WW. I am a frequent cruser and I did pretty good until the last cruise in Feb '09. But I have put on a few. I am going to use the online calculators. They have online access on board.

I just want to stay on track. And they have great gyms, and walking spaces.

Wish me luck!!

Absolutely!!! I am cruising in June as well. When and what ship are you on in June!

I have been doing WW for quite some time now...well, most days! :rolleyes: For some reason I am having a really difficult time of it...I do great some days and then DH will come home and say "let's go out to eat" and then I lose my resolve.

It is all head games we play with ourselves. I know I can do this...even on a cruise, cause I have done it before. I actually lost 4 pounds on one cruise a few years ago!

It's all a matter of making a decision and sticking with it!

So, wish me good luck too! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Archived