Celebrity Summit-Sky Suite

glenr

Booking the 1/31/09 Southern Caribbean on the above ship. This is our first cruise. We are going with a Sky Suite. Several of the ones available flank the main elevator midship. I would assume, like a hotel, you don't want to be next to an elevator. Celebrity told us that the suites next to the elevators are handicap accessible (not an issue for us) and due to that they are substantially larger. (350 vs 250??).

Am I asking for trouble with the room next to the elevator or is noise not an issue. I am a light sleeper.

Thank you.

Glen

Booking the 1/31/09 Southern Caribbean on the above ship. This is our first cruise. We are going with a Sky Suite. Several of the ones available flank the main elevator midship. I would assume, like a hotel, you don't want to be next to an elevator. Celebrity told us that the suites next to the elevators are handicap accessible (not an issue for us) and due to that they are substantially larger. (350 vs 250??).

Am I asking for trouble with the room next to the elevator or is noise not an issue. I am a light sleeper.

Thank you.

Glen

The extra space is tempting, but noise can be an issue. I'm a light sleeper like you, and I think I'd aim for something a little away from the elevators. Whatever you choose I also suggest you bring along a little packet of those foam ear plugs just in case you need them.

Thank you.

Glen

Also the people in the glass elevator look right onto your balcony if you are talking about the sky suites on the sky deck. If there are any available on the penthouse deck, aft of the elevators. I would go with on of those. If you sleep light having a public deck above you is not such a good idea either

That sailing still has FOV aft cabins available. I would go for one of those instead of the Sky Suite.

You don't get a butler but you get a very large room and a huge balcony.

If you haven't been in an Aft cabin before you will more than likely love it.

I would avoid something on the 9th floor. Try to snatch a corner aft if possible.

Just my opinion,

Jan

That sailing still has FOV aft cabins available. I would go for one of those instead of the Sky Suite.

You don't get a butler but you get a very large room and a huge balcony.

If you haven't been in an Aft cabin before you will more than likely love it.

I would avoid something on the 9th floor. Try to snatch a corner aft if possible.

Just my opinion,

Jan

HECK YEA! FV before a sky suite any day:D

Archived