NCL Corp Office Nightmare

gwydiana

I had an issue with my cruise price, and it took asking for a supervisor of a supervisor 3 times before anything was straightened out. If you get a no, just keep asking to speak to a supervisor. If I hadn't gotten everything taken care of, I would have written a letter. I know there have been addresses posted on here (when all the bad stuff was happening on the Sky) to get to someone who could do something.

Some of these previous posters actually see this issue as YOUR fault. Unbelievable! No wonder service has deteriorated so much. The customer base is so willing to accept it.

I completely agree with you. There is no reason another passenger should be credited for your $500.

I agree that there is no good reason for $500 of your money to be applied to someone elses account. But,it does happen. And getting it fixed will most probably not be a nightmare, but it will take some effort. I am guessing that they still did not fix it while onboard? What happened when you went to the pursers desk? I am surprised they did not do something.

I wonder if the other passenger figured he got an extra $500 OBC and just spent the whole thing????

I had a similar problem with NCL a year ago. We cancelled a cruise and received the email confirming the cancellation and showing the amount credited to our credit card. It did not show up on the next statement or the next one. I called and they said they made the credit. It ended up they posted the credit that should go to my Discover ending in say 1234 to someone else's Visa ending in 5678. They refused to post my credit to my account until they had written permission from the other person to reverse the credit on their account. It was not a priority for them--one rep told me as far as they were concerned it was closed--the credit had been issued. I said she would not consider the matter closed if it was her money until it was in her account. She said she agreed but I would not get my money unless they got theirs. I faxed the email listing the credit to my credit card company and NCL disputed the dispute, saying they had made the credit. It was finally resolved 4 1/2 months later.

Email or fax them weekly so you can show you followed up until it is resolved. Giving money back is not their priority.

Good luck.

Pre-booking gives you a reservation and the charges are added to your onboard account after you board the ship. The only reason there would be to pre-pay would be if she needed to get the money used in calendar year 2008. Maybe it has to do with earning points on her Latitudes CC.

PE

Thanks for that information. On some lines, RCI for example, when you book your shore excursions prior to the sailing date, the line charges your credit card immediately, and does not wait and add it to your onboard account. I mistakenly thought that NCL's manner of handling such reservations was similar. RCI does hold back a certain percentage of bookings until the day of boarding, but frequently passengers find that some capacity limited excursions are sold out by the time they go to the excursion desk to book.:)

I tried to prepay for my shore excursions for my Xmas cruise and was told I had to put $$ from my credit card on to my onboard account prior to cruise. I asked the main office to take $500 from my credit card and place it on my onboard account prior to sailing.

The sheer incompetence of these NCL Reps is mind blowing. They attributed my $500 to another passenger's onboard account and now they are NOT crediting back my credit card the misappropriated funds!!!

Of course, I'm disputing the charge but the unbelievable lack of regard and the terrible customer service boggles the mind here!

Do you know who got the credit? Was it someone you were traveling with? Could they have credited the room and your roommate used their card for the room on embarcation so maybe they got the credit? Whose credit card did you use at check in?

I know I have to show a credit card when I check in, or if you don't have a credit card you leave cash. Did you tell them at registration that you already paid? It seems like the problem should have surfaced on check in. Have you checked your credit card, did they take the money out pre-cruise? Maybe you were never billed in the first place.

Another thing, did you do the excursions, did you have to re-pay?

Thank you for the positive comments and helpful suggestions. I'm still struggling to get this fixed.

The reps I've talked to absolutely REFUSED to transfer me to their supervisor. I now have one person, Dominique, who I'm dealing with and a file # has been assigned to me. However, over the past week I've called and Dominique is refusing to take my phone calls. No return phone calls from Dominique have ensued.

The reps who answer tell me that she's working on it and will call me back. Again, for every phone call I've made to NCL, I've asked to speak to a supervisor and have been flatly refused.

The frustration is off the charts and I'm in the process of drafting a letter to send to the Board of Directors and pretty much everybody who's name I can find that works for NCL.

Any letter writers on the board that can give me a good writing structure? :)

Thank you for the positive comments and helpful suggestions. I'm still struggling to get this fixed.

The reps I've talked to absolutely REFUSED to transfer me to their supervisor. I now have one person, Dominique, who I'm dealing with and a file # has been assigned to me. However, over the past week I've called and Dominique is refusing to take my phone calls. No return phone calls from Dominique have ensued.

The reps who answer tell me that she's working on it and will call me back. Again, for every phone call I've made to NCL, I've asked to speak to a supervisor and have been flatly refused.

The frustration is off the charts and I'm in the process of drafting a letter to send to the Board of Directors and pretty much everybody who's name I can find that works for NCL.

Any letter writers on the board that can give me a good writing structure? :)

yes write one letter with no cc's to the President of NCL. If a person says they are working on it, its alwayes best to give a few days and not call so much. As I said I would have stopped calling and written first....I bet they think you are a nut and a nudge.

yes write one letter with no cc's to the President of NCL. If a person says they are working on it, its alwayes best to give a few days and not call so much. As I said I would have stopped calling and written first....I bet they think you are a nut and a nudge.

I'm uncertain as to the exact definition of a "nudge" but I've certainly been accused of being a nut on many occasions :)

Thank you for the address and your sage advice. I will write the letter tomorrow and hope for the best!

I'm uncertain as to the exact definition of a "nudge" but I've certainly been accused of being a nut on many occasions :)

Thank you for the address and your sage advice. I will write the letter tomorrow and hope for the best!

it means the same thing as Kvetch....a complainer. The "board of directors" is made up of reps of Apollo and Star - all they will do is give the letter to the president and think you are crazy....

even if they gave you to the "supervisor", all you get is the employee in the next cubicle. If you don't get a response within two weeks write a letter to the Florida Attorney General......but wait the full two weeks first and don't call the AG's office..

Wow, I called NCL on Wednesday afternoon, waited on hold for less than 2 minutes, asked for the Bon Voyage package and then canceled 2 excursions and had no problems whatsoever. They had to transfer me once to the excursion dept, but that was no problems at all.

I'm sorry you had such an awful experience. I guess I just lucked up.

although i'm still incredibly excited about our upcoming NCL cruise, i've found that the customer service is an absolute nightmare in general. i was given a flat out "no" when i tried yesterday to pre-pay for our excursions. the rep said that it is impossible, they have no way to accept payment. given your situation, i'm kind of glad!!

last week, i tried to book a "bon voyage" package for my boyfriend's birthday. this was a 45 minute process! when the VERY competent rep finally found the BIRTHDAY PACKAGE she said "oh, it's your fault, you asked for a bon voyage gift, there's no such thing". in actuality i had stated that i was looking at the bon voyage section of the website and wanted to combine the romance and birthday package. despite the fact that "bon voyage" is the title of the entire section on the website... apparently the reps are unfamiliar with the term.

i'm not going to allow the terrible state of the customer service department to put a damper on my cruise...but it sure would be nice to have someone reliable to call!

BTW this is the type of letter I would write

Dear President.

I am sorry to have to write you but I have been unable to resolve a problem I am having and I need to ask you to use your good offices to help me get the credit that should have been refunded to me.

On I cancelled some prepaid excursions and asked that my credit card be credited. Unfortunately I have been told someone else was credited and that NCL can't give me my credit until the other credit is returned. I am unsure what the problem is but I don't think I should have to wait until that is resolved.

My booking number is

om The NCL blank for the cruise dated

I have called the customer service number but they have been unable to resolve this matter so far.

I would appreciate whatever assistance you can give me.

No threats no complaints about the employees but a simple request for help.

If he or his minions don;t respond(they will) the letter to the Ag should include the letter plus the fact that you have written and called numerous times and been unable to resolve the problem with NCL which is located within the Ag's jurisdiction in Florida and you would appreciate the AG's assistance in resolvng the mattter.

It is wrong that NCL can not just say they screwed up and the credit will be issued this week. Something just does not add up. Very frustrating.

But, I tend to go with the flow a bit and let things work out over time. I know others may not agree, but I think I would give Dominique a week or so to work on it. Just me.

I think I read you are doing a dispute with the credit card company. that too takes a bit of time but should take care of it.

I think we need to you to stay around here to warn others that want to PREPAY anything. As others have said, there is no reason to do so, and many reasons not to you - like what has happened to you.

Archived