Hello from the Embassy Suites Ft. Lauderdale

Mike A

I am standing on my balcony looking at the beautiful Sun Princess as I type.

I decided to stay here while on business to get the lay of the land prior to our CB crise on 1/8. As Chris mentioned many times Publix is right across the street in a shopping center with a CVS drug store. There is also a Wynn Dixie, Waxys Irish Pub and Chucks Steak House across the street and an Outback and Del Rio's Tex Mex next door.

While the pier is very close I'm not sure if anyone could walk it with alot of luggage. It appears to be 1/4-1/2 mile from the hotel. I suppose if the luggage has wheels it can be done.

Regarding the cruise shuttle you can sign up at check in and the first shuttle leaves at 11:15.

Now I really can't wait until January 8th !!!

Thanks, for the info Mike!!! If I were you, and had to leave without getting on a ship, I would be crying!!! :(

Believe me I am eating my heart out right now. The Sun Princess is here along with Sea Escape and a Holland America ship that I can barely see way off to the right.Oh well, I'll just have to wait until January.

OMG Mike, you either have unbelievable self control or are a glutton for punishment! Maybe both.

I'm taking DD to Miami for a campus tour soon and it really worries me going there but NOT going on a cruise!

That's gotta be wierd.

Cool location on that hotel though huh?

Mike A - my sister will be staying at the Embassy but we are staying at the Renissance. How far away are the two hotels?

We arrive in Ft. Lauderdale in 9 days and cruise in 11!! YAHOOO :D

I'm sorry I did not get back to you sooner. From what I remember the Renissance is right next to the pier about 2 blocks from the ES.

Mike A: I"m here on business ..... I'm here on the balcony watching the cruise ships in the port. Sounds like a great job -- where can I get one like that!

I'm not sure whether or not I have a great job. I am an Employee Benefits Consultant. This is the time of year where I do employee meetings and tell people their employer is cutting their benefits and they will have to pay more to boot. You can imagine I get beat up pretty good. Any way last week I was in Ft. Lauderdale. The week before Moncton, NB and Toronto. This week I am in Calgary. Before the end of the year I will be in Los Angeles, Kansas City and finish the year back in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami. Believe me while it may sound glamorous business travel gets old real fast. Come January I will need my cruise real bad.

... Believe me while it may sound glamorous business travel gets old real fast. Come January I will need my cruise real bad.

MikeA: I also travel a lot (40-45 weeks per year). I don't have to do the benefits stuff (kill the messenger!) but I am a computer consultant. I get to implement new computer systems for employees that didn't want them and are upset that they aren't what they used to have. Occasionally I get to go somewhere "exotic" such as Melborne, Amsterdam, or Milan, but most weeks I am at city hotels in the midwest with a view of the parking garage instead of the Port of Everglades. It seems they only send me to warm weather cities in the summer. So I also look forward to the cruises. In the hotels, most people are "at work". On the cruise ships, most people are "on vacation". Can't wait for my May/2005 Alaska trip.

Archived