Amsterdam - breakfast near Grand Hotel Amrath (or other breakfast inclusive hotels)?

bigwally

Zeroing in on the Grand Hotel Amrath as the most likely candidate for our pre-cruise stay in Amsterdam. But while I can get a decent rate, I cannot find one that is breakfast inclusive and do not want to pay an additonal €50 (€25pp).

So does anyone know of other breakfast options in the immediate area surrounding the Amrath? Or does anyone know of a 3-5 star hotel in the general vicinity of the train station (lets say from the train station back to around where Dam square is), which has:

1) air-conditioned rooms

2) an elevator (or exceptionally helpful bell staff)

3) a breakfast inclusive rate?

Thanks in advance!

Zeroing in on the Grand Hotel Amrath as the most likely candidate for our pre-cruise stay in Amsterdam. But while I can get a decent rate, I cannot find one that is breakfast inclusive and do not want to pay an additonal €50 (€25pp).

So does anyone know of other breakfast options in the immediate area surrounding the Amrath? Or does anyone know of a 3-5 star hotel in the general vicinity of the train station (lets say from the train station back to around where Dam square is), which has:

1) air-conditioned rooms

2) an elevator (or exceptionally helpful bell staff)

3) a breakfast inclusive rate?

Thanks in advance!

Check one of these hotels:

Barbizon palace, Victoria, both more or less opposite Centraal Station. or Moevenpick (at the cruise-terminal).

Close to CS: Renaissance Hotel, CrownPlaza City Centre, Bellevue, de Roode Leeuw, Sofitel anbd many others.

The site of the touristboard also gives more information, regarding locations of the hotels: http://www.amsterdamtourist.nl/en/visiting

Around Centraal Station and Damrak you will find various eateries.

Thanks Ine. I think we're going to book the Amrath and then go to Smits Koffiehuis by the CS for breakfast. They do a number of breakfast dishes in the ~€6 range. Have you ever been there?

If we talk about the same Smit's Koffiehuis it is the white wooden building in front of CS. It is kind of a landmark. Very nice place.

Also within CS on platform 1 (you can enter the station without a ticket) is a nice small restaurant, incl. even a Burgerking...

There is a tramstop (25 and 26) close to your hotel, that will bring you city-center. Along street like Damrak, and around Muntplein you will see lots of places to eat and offering "Ontbijt" - breakfast.

Inside the big store V & D - close to Muntplein there is "La Place". Fresh food, salads, sandwiches etc. very affordable. I think they open around 10am. Also inside "Bijenkorf" at Dam there is a coffeshop, a little more expensive then V & D.

Also be aware that place carrying the name "coffeeshop" and having a green leave, sell more then just coffee....(Or better hardly coffee).That is always very confusing for tourists.

Also be aware that place carrying the name "coffeeshop" and having a green leave, sell more then just coffee....(Or better hardly coffee).That is always very confusing for tourists.

Thanks, yes, I had heard that before. But it's been a while, and I was having a hard time remembering if it was cafes or coffee shops where I should expect to have "space cakes" :o. Incidentally, I am going to try one when we're in Amsterdam. Aren't I naughty? :eek: :D. But it'll be a one-time thing, I promise. :)

bigwally, you might find us at the "coffeeshop" with you! oops, did I say that out loud?!

Ine, we have booked the A-Train hotel. Should we have regrets? We know there is no A/C., but does include breakfast and seems to be highly recommended on the various hotel sites. We really wanted to be close to the train station as we will be arriving from Bruges.

Thanks!

I donot know the hotel myself, but know where it is situated. It is a rather busy area, so try to find a room not facing the street. Ii is more or less "just around the corner" to a part of the Redlight district.

Close to Centraal Station and public transport.

Archived