Carnival Glory- Family Staterooms

Bermuda C

Hello All. This is my first posting. My family will be going on the Carnival Glory on 1/17. We are staying in one of the family staterooms on the Spa Level. I have found a few pictures of these rooms, but it has been tough getting alot of detail. Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins? What was your experience?:)

Hello All. This is my first posting. My family will be going on the Carnival Glory on 1/17. We are staying in one of the family staterooms on the Spa Level. I have found a few pictures of these rooms, but it has been tough getting alot of detail. Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins? What was your experience?:)

We are on the same cruise in a Family room as well! Woohooo.

Let me find you a link to the one thread that had some pics on it! They are nice rooms..as i've been told!!!!!

They all have one upper bunk that can be used and a sofa that converts to the bed! Lots of room!!!!

Here's a link to our Ships Roll-call...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=790328

Hey thanks for the links. We are excited as well. There are actually two other sets of our friends/families going and we are all on the Spa Level. This will be my second cruise with Carnival. The first was sometime ago. I hope my kids enjoy it. This may be tough to top after the Disney Cruise last January.

Hey thanks for the links. We are excited as well. There are actually two other sets of our friends/families going and we are all on the Spa Level. This will be my second cruise with Carnival. The first was sometime ago. I hope my kids enjoy it. This may be tough to top after the Disney Cruise last January.

We just did Disney (not a cruise though for a surprise b-day trip for our son in april) so there best be lots of exciting kids things to do! Then again as long as there is kids my sons age he'll be fine!

My PVP tried telling me that there was more to do for kids on Carnival than on a Disney cruise. Not so sure I agree. I don't like the fact they won't let you pre-register for Camp Carnival. Unless I'm missing something. I believe you have to go to the orientation meeting on embarkation day. Oh well, we'll get it figured out.

josie1968: I have a question. We will be in that same room, but we will be on the Conquest. It looks close to the stairs and elevators. Did you hear any noise from them?

No, the noise was not a problem at all. Even being so close to the spa didn't cause a problem, there was 4 of us so 2 each night went there to shower for dinner.

I have had suites before and I would take this room over a suite anyday, the location is excellent!! I know some wouldn't give up their balcony but wait till you see how quick you can be on the lido deck. ENJOY!!!!!!!

We stayed in 1114 on the Glory, what would you like to know??

I am looking forward to our room! I like how few rooms there are around us. I like your idea about the showers....I can shower in the room one can shower at the spa!

Some pics I have seen which haven't been many show a table and 2 chairs at the window is that what its like? I was told there was 1 covertible sofa and an upper.....

We had one of these cabins on our Glory cruise 2 years ago and we loved it. They seem to have more room in them than the other cabins we've had and we loved having the floor to ceiling window to sit and look out when we were enjoying our morning coffee. It is so quiet in the morning and you don't have to worry about the weather. A balcony is wonderful, but this was so relaxing to me.

Wife and I stayed in one of these Spa Cabins on Valor year ago November. They are very nice compared to regular oceanview rooms - with the floor to ceiling windows they offer great views, and they are ata great location. However, we almost always get balcony rooms, and I must admit I felt a little closed in and "stuffy" since weren't able to get any fresh air into the room. And for the price they want for a SPA cabin, you are very close to being able to afford a balcony room.

That being said, you should enjoy it!

Wife and I stayed in one of these Spa Cabins on Valor year ago November. They are very nice compared to regular oceanview rooms - with the floor to ceiling windows they offer great views, and they are ata great location. However, we almost always get balcony rooms, and I must admit I felt a little closed in and "stuffy" since weren't able to get any fresh air into the room. And for the price they want for a SPA cabin, you are very close to being able to afford a balcony room.

That being said, you should enjoy it!

It only cost us $210 total to upgrade from an inside state to the Family room.

It was $720 to upgrade from IS to a Balcony! For $510 less it was an easy choice!

We had booked an OV and I believe we upgraded for $65 or $70.. Can recall the exact amount. I believe we also received some sort of past guest discount. I am looking forward to it though. I received the DVD from Carival and there is a "brief" shot of these cabins.

We had booked an OV and I believe we upgraded for $65 or $70.. Can recall the exact amount. I believe we also received some sort of past guest discount. I am looking forward to it though. I received the DVD from Carival and there is a "brief" shot of these cabins.

I have been told these are great rooms..I'm so excited to see them in person!!!

I have been told these are great rooms..I'm so excited to see them in person!!!

They are! We (mom and I) stayed in 1108 on the Glory in 2007, and have booked another 6E for our upcoming cruise on Freedom in May. The other posters are correct. You have excellent access to the open decks (lido, sun, etc.) - no waiting on elevators unless you just don't feel like walking up or down a few steps.

We heard no excess noise from Camp Carnival or the spa. In fact, it was probably the most quiet room we've ever been in - fewer cabins on the floor, so less foot traffic in the halls. Some prefer balconies, but we preferred the extra interior space you get in a 6E. Plus the floor to ceiling views are beautiful!

I am looking forward to our room! I like how few rooms there are around us. I like your idea about the showers....I can shower in the room one can shower at the spa!

Some pics I have seen which haven't been many show a table and 2 chairs at the window is that what its like? I was told there was 1 covertible sofa and an upper.....

That is exactly how it is, the table and the 2 chairs will be placed in front your LARGE window. The sofa converts and the upper is directly above that.

Josie1968.. We are in 1110. I believe a few of the other posts have addressed this. Is it true these cabins are slightly larger than the standar OV? Do you hear any noise from Camp Carnival which is one deck up?

Yes, they are larger. Can't say alot larger but they diffenately are, also the window gives you an open effect the adds to the size.

We heard no noise from Camp Carnival at all, but I was out by 8:00 each morning and not usually in until 1:00 am or after. I did get woken up to the lounge chairs being set out one morning, but I just used that as my wake up call. DS wasn't to happy that I forgot to cancel my "real" wake up call at 8:00!!

Archived