Parking & Embarkation at Port Canaveral

JillK

ok thanks...isn't there a snack bar or something by the pool too? I'm sure it doesn't open til later though, right?

You know, that's a good question. Not sure when Pinocchios or Goofy's opens, since we usually would go right up to Topsiders and then back to our stateroom once they let us. If nobody has an answer here, I'll have to find out and get back to you on that.

You can go to either location when you board, you do not have to wait for Parrot Cay to fill up, so yes, you can grab something from Beach Blanket Buffet/Topsiders and grab a table close to the pool while the kids swim.

When my family and I went on the 4 day in Sept 08, I had every intention of going straight to the buffet. When we got onboard, I asked the host at the elevator, as they had the midship elevators locked out to the 5th floor only,about going right to the buffet, and was told it was not opening until later on in the day. (This was about 1145ish when we boarded)When we go to Parrot Cay, we were told it was full already, and to go to the buffet. When we told the host in front of Parrot Cay what the lobby was saying, they said it had just opened when PC hit capacity. It may change on a weekly basis though.

We went last week and got there around 1130. They make it super-easy for you...we pulled up, gave our bags to a porter, paid for the parking and walked into the terminal...we waited in a short line, then confirmed our kids registration for the youth programs, took a picture with Mickey, then it was time to board...we got on the ship around 1pm after it was all said and done.

When my family and I went on the 4 day in Sept 08, I had every intention of going straight to the buffet. When we got onboard, I asked the host at the elevator, as they had the midship elevators locked out to the 5th floor only,about going right to the buffet, and was told it was not opening until later on in the day. (This was about 1145ish when we boarded)When we go to Parrot Cay, we were told it was full already, and to go to the buffet. When we told the host in front of Parrot Cay what the lobby was saying, they said it had just opened when PC hit capacity. It may change on a weekly basis though.

I never heard of them doing that. I believe it might be the exception rather than the rule. The only thing I can think of is perhaps there was some delay on the previous cruise that caused them to be late setting up.

Archived