Statendam - Connisseur's Lunch

Krazy Kruizers

As I mentioned in one of my reports, there were 2 special wine luncheons offered by the Pinnacle. We attended the first one. It was $20 per person. It was wasn't advertised very well, so only 11 of us were there.

Menu:

Cajun Prawns with Mango-Avocado Salsa on a bed of baby greens

wine - Semillon Chinook of Yakima Valley, Washington

Followed by:

Carrot-Ginger Soup with Fresh Cream (maple-butternut-squash and Thai bisque)

wine - re-filled our glasses with the above wine.

Your choice of main course:

Fillet of Beef Tenderloin with sun-dried tomato sauce and roasted red-skin potatoes

wine - Cabernet Sauvignon Sage Land, Washington

OR

Pan Seared Salmon on rice timbale with soy beurre blanc

wine - Chardonnay Argyle 21, Washington

Finished by:

Chocolate Bavarois with Raspberry Sauce

wine - Quadi Essencia-Orange Muscat-Ice wine, California

Hadjai, our wine steward, kept coming around and re-filling everone's glasses. All-in-all, we must have had at least 6 or 7 glasses of wine.

It was very filling. We didn't finish until nearly 1:45 and could hardly eat our dinner at 5:45.

You read correctly. The regular luncheon entrees did show up sooner or later on the regular dining room menus.

Salmon from the wine luncheon was a much larger portion than the one served in the dining room.

And the filet tenderloin was much better than the dining room one. If this was offered again on one of our future cruises, we would do it again.

There was also another special luncheon offered by the Pinnacle which we didn't go to. I hope to post that menu soon.

....And the filet tenderloin was much better than the dining room one. If this was offered again on one of our future cruises, we would do it again.

From our experience the cuts and quality of beef offered in the dining room, on other than formal nights, are really quite poor. If we want beef we go to the Pinnacle. It's well worth the extra charge. ;)

Agree with you completely peaches.

Also we have found the lamb temderloins and lamb chops in the Pinnacle to be much better than in the dining room.

Truth of the matter, KK, is DH would be very happy eating in the Pinnacle every night, though he does like the cameraderie in the dining room. All I have to do is say the words 'lamb chops' and he wants to know when our next cruise is. Doesn't care where we are going as long as there is a Pinnacle (and a Neptune). :D

I eat way more fish and chicken than beef and if I am going to have a steak, I want it to be excellent. I eat so little of it I won't waste the 'treat' on an inferior piece of meat. When we want beef when on a cruise, we go to Pinnacle.

We are so fortunate to have a special place where we can buy filet mignon and lamb chops at home ( okay you Pittsburghers reading here - yes we do shop at McGinnis Sisters). Yes we do pay much higher prices for our meats than in the regular grocery stores - but we feel the price is worth it - top quality meat. And what we are enable to enjoy at the Pinnacle is just like we get at home.

Just one reason why we eat so often at the Pinnacle.

Archived