Cayman Time

mnsawyer

Just to be sure...if I was in Grand Cayman in March, the ship time would be the same as Cayman time? For example, right now, we are on the same time but that wouldn't change until April when we turn our clocks ahead? Ship is in port from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and just trying to plan excursions.

For those of us (me!) who are not so bright...........we will be in GC in January. Our ship's itinerary says that we will be there from 9am until 5pm. Is that listed time the same time as local GC time or will there be a time difference.

Thanks!

I'll be in Grand Cayman on May 4th . . . we'll (as in the ship) will be on Daylight Savings Time. Is it my understanding that when it says the ship leaves at 4:30 p.m. - that's actually 3:30 p.m. local time? Duh? What can I say . . . all I know is Spring/Forward and Fall/Back. Tee Hee! Just want to be sure I don't miss the ship . . .

This is posted on the www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com website:

Grand Cayman is now on USA Eastern Time for the Winter! We are on the same time zone as Miami FL.

I am sailing out of Galveston in December also. The ship will be on Central time. So unless the ship's clocks change to match the port time, GC will be one hour ahead of you. You dock at noon, the island time will be 1.

That being said, the people at those excursion places deal with the same ships all the time and they know very well what the time will actually be when you get there. If they are telling you that it will be an hour different from your ship's time, it will be.

Archived