Hi. We are considering an NCL Cruise

octagonmike

Have just recently returned from our very first cruise aboard Ocean Village 2.

We enjoyed the cruise experience on the whole although the ship was lacking in variety of restaurants and facilities.

We are interested in an NCL cruise as we understand it is "Freestyle Cruising".

Could someone advise on what the accepted dress codes are and also how many of the numerous restaurants are included within the price (i.e. no further charge).

Many thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

There are no formal nights on NCL. Its very relaxed so you don't have to dress up at all unless you want to. There will be optional "dress up or not nights." One of the two main dining rooms will not allow jeans after 5-6 pm.

The ships will have two free main dining rooms. The menu changes everyday. One will be open just for dinner and the other will be open for breakfast and lunch also.

There will be a free action station restaurant (buffet.)

Most ships have a free 24-7 diner style restaurant. Some are called Blue Lagoon or sports bar.

Then depending on the ship there might be another free one such as the Sun's tapas restaurant and Pacific heights restaurant.

The ships will have surcharge restaurants ranging from $10-$25 a person. Check the freestyle daily for some 2-1 deals. Two people for $20 for a amazing Cagneys steakhouse dinner is a steal. I would really suggest trying Cagneys!

Yes the main free dining rooms are regular restaurant style and not buffet. Here is a picture of one of the Norwegian Dawns free main dining rooms. They have the soup, salad, entree and lots of options for the sweet tooth.

Venetian restaurant, Norwegian Dawn cruise ship, at sea, 7-10-2007

Cagneys you can wear jeans. I think the only specialty restuarant that you can't wear jeans to is the French Le Bristro.

Yes the main free dining rooms are regular restaurant style and not buffet. Here is a picture of one of the Norwegian Dawns free main dining rooms. They have the soup, salad, entree and lots of options for the sweet tooth.

Venetian restaurant, Norwegian Dawn cruise ship, at sea, 7-10-2007

Cagneys you can wear jeans. I think the only specialty restuarant that you can't wear jeans to is the French Le Bristro.

WOW looks like a lovely setting. I wouldn't wear jeans in there thats for sure.

Thanks again.

Archived