Coral Princess: Obstructed View ??

lilmiss

Hi..I am new here...

I am planning an Inside Passage cruise on board the Coral Princess, my question is how obstructed is obstructed view ??? I have no idea what to expect..I haven´t booked anything yet, so has anyone ever sailed on Emerald Deck with obstructed view ???

I am little claustrophobic and a window helps to create a wider space/ room inside the cabin, I don´t have to see the sea or the horizon, just the light from outside helps a lot... looking forward to your answers, thx !!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

We were in E510 (Cat. F) on the Coral Princess - also on the Emerald deck. Look at the deck plans to see the location of the cabins. How much obstruction depends on whether your window is between 2 lifeboats or completely blocked by a lifeboat. You will get some daylight no matter how obstructed the cabin is, but you might not get much of a view.

I loved the Coral Princess as well as the location of our cabin. I especially enjoyed the library with its huge windows on the starboard side of the Emerald deck.

Edited by NancyIL

Thx for the link...so when I have obstructed view on Emerald Deck I will be looking straight at a lifeboat in some cabins, if I look outside my window..haha !!! Thats stupid...but okay in my case !!!

The lifeboats have to go somewhere. That's why you pay less for an obstructed view than an unobstructed one!

• 7 years later...

This thread is a bit old, but the following picture of the obstructed view from Coral Princess' E603 cabin may be helpful. It is a great mid ship location with really a partially obstructed view. I only had one 6am wake up due to the noise when the crew was lowering the tender boat.

F3DBB576-11AE-43C3-88CB-A011635CA15C_zpszwtquz0t.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We usually reserve a balcony stateroom when we cruise. Our cruise after next is an inland passage Alaskan cruise. I decided to go with an obstructed view stateroom(between two tenders) and used the money I saved on not reserving a balcony for tours. My husband wants to go fishing in Ketchikan; dog sled adventure in Juneau, and we are doing the White Pass Scenic railway also. So this way, I "feel" like I am getting the tours for free! Grin. If all you need is a real window then an obstructed view stateroom is fine.

Pooh

WhenI read Inside Passage, sounds like the original poster was considering the first or last cruise of the season, like next year. If so, just be aware of the factors of cruising that early or that late in Alaska...

We are booked on the Coral.

I wouldn't go as far as to describe myself as claustrophobic, but I knew I wanted, at least, an UN-obstructed ocean view. The obstruction on those cabins on deck 8 are pretty obstructed. (some ships have better ones, with very very little, visible obstruction)

I researched the Ocean View cabins, and learned about the new cabins added on deck 6, Fiesta Deck, three years ago. I believe that they are very nice cabins, that are like balcony cabins, with larger windows. The layout is like balcony cabins, with the bed against the wall, not under the window.

Edited by Wishing on a star