Just back from monarch -- review

I know White County. Beautiful area. But you said that GSU was an hour north of you. Where down there?

Savannah is my original hometown. I cannot wait til March when I can go back up to Cleveland. I do not want to be here Saint Pats day. Way too much partying for me:eek:

Good Lord...after reading this review seems like i'm going to have to make the 35 minute jaunt to Calhoun to pick you up to cruise with...excellent review Steve!

Hey Jarod, it's on your way. Just tell me when and I'll have the bags packed! :D

Cleveland is my second hometown. Thats White county. I actually got lost in Calhoun with a group of friends this summer on way back from Atlanta.

Lost in Calhoun! We've hit the big time. Now, a GPS is going to be mandated for all vehicles!:D

First - Let me say I loved your Achmed logo. Needless to say, after seeing Achmed, I KNEW I would love your posts.

Like you, Mariner was our first (and second). Sadly she has gone West. But I look forward to our sailing Monarch in May (oh... it's sooo far out).

Would I be correct in thinking that when you refer to VCL as THE place for sail away you are referring to Viking Crown Lounge?

Thanx for reminding me about he shower curtains. I had heard to bring laundry clips but would had forgetten for this trip since Mariner had the doors. What other tidbits of info can you share. I'm going through cruise withdrawal and am impatiently waiting my turn in May.

Thanx,

Erika

First - Let me say I loved your Achmed logo. Needless to say, after seeing Achmed, I KNEW I would love your posts.

Like you, Mariner was our first (and second). Sadly she has gone West. But I look forward to our sailing Monarch in May (oh... it's sooo far out).

Would I be correct in thinking that when you refer to VCL as THE place for sail away you are referring to Viking Crown Lounge?

Thanx for reminding me about he shower curtains. I had heard to bring laundry clips but would had forgetten for this trip since Mariner had the doors. What other tidbits of info can you share. I'm going through cruise withdrawal and am impatiently waiting my turn in May.

Thanx,

Erika

Erika,

Yes the Viking Crown Lounge. I LOVE IT! Great views. Quiet. Not many folks. It's just relaxing. And SILENCE! But nobody KEELS you!:D

As far as tips, don't forget to catch the captains Q&A session Thursday morning at 10am. It should be listed in the compass.

I going to try and post the compass' this weekend. I've never done this before. Also, I'm gonna to try and post the video I have of the Mariner leaving PC. If you have any specific questions, please ask. I KNOW you'll enjoy the Monarch.

• 4 weeks later...

You tell a good story. My husband and I both enjoyed reading about your escapades. We booked a last minute (couldn't beat the price) cruise on the Monarch for next month. We are apprehensive because we did a suite (love the concierge service) last time with RCI. This cruise is an inside state room. We are thinking of calling and asking for an upgrade. Any suggestions? We have the same attitiude that you do about enjoying yourself while you are on vacation. Life is truly a beach! :p

• 3 weeks later...
You tell a good story. My husband and I both enjoyed reading about your escapades. We booked a last minute (couldn't beat the price) cruise on the Monarch for next month. We are apprehensive because we did a suite (love the concierge service) last time with RCI. This cruise is an inside state room. We are thinking of calling and asking for an upgrade. Any suggestions? We have the same attitiude that you do about enjoying yourself while you are on vacation. Life is truly a beach! :p

You just have to realize that the insides are the smallest in the fleet. Watch for price drops, and maybe you can get an outside for very little money!

Best of luck and have a wonderful cruise!

Rick

• 2 months later...

Awesome review! When are you and your wife going again, you sound like such fun, we'll go along...haha. Seriously, though, my husband and I live in Geogia (Dallas GA) and are going to make the drive to Port Canaveral in August (for the first time). How was it? We normally fly, but this last trip w/just flying and excess luggage fees, transportation to port and Hartsfield parking was near $800 before we get on the ship! Thanks again for the great review!

Archived