NCL Spirit

stjude95

Going on March '09 cruise out of New Orleans. Went on the NCL Sun out of New Orleans Jan. '07 for my 1st cruise and really enjoyed it. Going to 2 ports I've never been to this time Belize City and Santo Tomas De Castilla, in addition to Cozumel and Costa Maya. Just wondering about the following excursions booked through NCL and if you have any info -

Belize -

Altun Ha and the Olde Belize River (worth it, rough, etc.)

River Safari & Caves & Beach (worth it, rough, etc.)

Land Rover Jungle Tour (worth it, rough, etc.)

Beach Break (worth it, rough, etc.)

Santo Tomas De Castilla -

Beach at Amatique Bay Resort (how was the water, etc.)

Las Escobas Waterfall Voyage (worth it, how long did you get to swim, etc.)

THANKS!

Going on March '09 cruise out of New Orleans. Went on the NCL Sun out of New Orleans Jan. '07 for my 1st cruise and really enjoyed it. Going to 2 ports I've never been to this time Belize City and Santo Tomas De Castilla, in addition to Cozumel and Costa Maya. Just wondering about the following excursions booked through NCL and if you have any info -

Belize -

Altun Ha and the Olde Belize River (worth it, rough, etc.)

River Safari & Caves & Beach (worth it, rough, etc.)

Land Rover Jungle Tour (worth it, rough, etc.)

Beach Break (worth it, rough, etc.)

Santo Tomas De Castilla -

Beach at Amatique Bay Resort (how was the water, etc.)

Las Escobas Waterfall Voyage (worth it, how long did you get to swim, etc.)

THANKS!

We're doing the Altun Ha and the Olde Belize River excursion on our cruise

2/22 - 3/1, I'll post our experience as soon as we return.

We are cruising out of New Orleans in March, the 22nd.

Can't wait!

We are doing Cave Tubing and Ziplining with Major Tom in Belize and in Guatemala we are taking the Humanitarian Tour with the Go With Gus tour company. Both had to be booked on our own, not offered through the ship.

If you look at the Boards and go to Ports of call, you'll learn more about what is available. Probably the best place to ask your question also.

Good luck with your choices!

When in Belize-- use Coral Breezes they are on the net. Alta Hun is okay but in Belize you are very close to the barrier reef. Which makes snorkeling fantastic. 50-60 pp includes lunch

In Guatamala, get off the ship and go inside Welcome building. Find Happy Fish and take the canyon trip. Should be about 40 pp. Take a camera.

Make sure you get to see the lily pads and there should be about six stops. This tour should last 4-5 hours. Absolutely awesome!

When in Belize-- use Coral Breezes they are on the net. Alta Hun is okay but in Belize you are very close to the barrier reef. Which makes snorkeling fantastic. 50-60 pp includes lunch

In Guatamala, get off the ship and go inside Welcome building. Find Happy Fish and take the canyon trip. Should be about 40 pp. Take a camera.

Make sure you get to see the lily pads and there should be about six stops. This tour should last 4-5 hours. Absolutely awesome!

Thanks, we don't have anything planned yet for Guatamala.

We went on the Spirit in December. We went to Livingston through Go With Gus tours in Santo Tomas and loved it. Really nice, laid back town.

10 members of the family went to Altun Ha and we really enjoyed it. We booked off the ship and used Action Boys Belize. Our guide, Donald, was excellent. The site is easy walking. It's also not an all day tour, so you have time to do some shopping or whatever near the port area. I think we paid $40 per person. Van was air conditioned and in great shape.

Archived