OBC - Folio Question

Hello, all!

Here is the possible situation:

If my MIL decides to cruise with me and my son and stay in the cabin with us, I'm not sure how the OBC I have will be distributed.

I have $200 OBC (Shareholder + Bk. Onboard) and I want to make sure I can use the OBC for me and my son, not for my MIL's expenses. (I love her, but we'll definitely use all $200 and then some, for just the two of us!)

I know that we will have different folio numbers, but, since I am the primary guest listed in the cabin, will the OBC go toward just my charges, not hers?

Is there something I need to do to ensure this happens?

Thanks for your help! :)

Hello, all!

Here is the possible situation:

If my MIL decides to cruise with me and my son and stay in the cabin with us, I'm not sure how the OBC I have will be distributed.

I have $200 OBC (Shareholder + Bk. Onboard) and I want to make sure I can use the OBC for me and my son, not for my MIL's expenses. (I love her, but we'll definitely use all $200 and then some, for just the two of us!)

I know that we will have different folio numbers, but, since I am the primary guest listed in the cabin, will the OBC go toward just my charges, not hers?

Is there something I need to do to ensure this happens?

Thanks for your help! :)

The shareholder credit should (SHOULD) only be applied to the folio of the shareholder (you). The other OBC may be split 3 ways. To ensure that only you and your son benefit, make sure that RCI knows in advance that both are to be on your account only. Then go to guest services after a couple of days (it takes some time for them to post to your folio) to make sure they've done it properly.

I've discussed this with my TA and made specific arrangements for the OBC they are giving me. I am cruising with my children and taking my sister as my guest. All of the OBC will appear on my account and my sister will set up her own account. When we board I will use the OBC to prepay all of our gratuities. I can use the remaining OBC for my expenses. She will have her own account set up for her personal expenses.

Just have dear MIL set up her own account with her own cc. "Friends" travel togther all the time each being responsible for their own accounts. RC is more than use to this.

Glad I don't have to cruise with my MIL. What a nightmare that would be. I would not trust myself to not take advantage and push her over board :D.

Have a great cruise.,

Even with having your MiL set up her own account it's a good idea to check at Guest Relations to be sure the OBC from your TA didn't get split 3 ways... I've had it happen & it's no problem to get it corrected..or just let your MIL know it's possible & be prepared to give you back her share in cash...

Archived