First timer and Sky ?'s

geoffandval

A few quick ?'s for those who would know

Going to book 3/2-3/6 Sky cruise. Is 1230 to late to arrive at miami airport on 2nd? Is 2 pm too early to depart miami airport on 6th? Just 2 of us looking to get away for a few days out of the cold. What can we expect for weather (i.e. temperature) and is Sky a good ship for relaxing etc... we aren't into formal stuff and prefer to do "whatever" any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Geoffrey

A few quick ?'s for those who would know

Going to book 3/2-3/6 Sky cruise. Is 1230 to late to arrive at miami airport on 2nd? Is 2 pm too early to depart miami airport on 6th? Just 2 of us looking to get away for a few days out of the cold. What can we expect for weather (i.e. temperature) and is Sky a good ship for relaxing etc... we aren't into formal stuff and prefer to do "whatever" any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Geoffrey

We were on the sky in December and once again we will go in March. You can easily be at the airport by 10:30 or earlier. So 2pm for outgoing flight is ok, but you will be hanging around the airport for a while, what you can do it wait till the last call is announced for everyone to get off the ship, unless you dont mind waiting in the airport. Our flight leaves at 10:25am.

We are leaving on the 1st flight out of Newark and we will be at the port by 10am or so. The ship leaves at 5:00PM if you arrive at 12:30 you have enough time. Just hope you dont have any delays, the last time we went on the sky the airlines had alot of delays and some folks missed the ship and had to make there own way to the first port and catch up to the ship to board.

Depending on where you are coming from, you may be cutting it a bit close on your arrival into Miami - If you are traveling from somewhere that has potential for outgoing weather delays, you may want to consider arriving in Miami the day before and enjoying the local scenery/beaches for a day. That way, if there are weather delays, you will still make it in time to set sail! :cool:

I recommend flying in the day before too. Unfortunately, can't take my own advice on our cruise in a couple weeks on the Sky due to work. Flying in the day of the cruise and I'm nervous about it. We're in Maryland and our weather can be nasty too.

I did do some checking and most airlines will do their best to get you out the day/night before if there is bad weather expected, at no extra charge. So if you can't do the day before from the get go, watch the weather forcast closely and get hold of the airline ASAP if the weather looks bad...that's what I'm planning on doing.

CG

Coming from Boston is real iffy. Just a small hickup in schedules and you are gonna miss the boat. They are not gonna wait for you. No way would I do that.

As to returning home, you are in great shape. Though the 10:30 somebody posted is okay, it is a bit tight as well. noon or so is the perfect mix.

Archived