How to verify Gift Certificate posted for OBC?

DFW4

:):):):)

I received a nice gift from my employees - an RCCL Gift Certificate for OBC on my upcoming cruise. (Yes, I treat my employees well, and am extremely grateful that they are encouraging me to drink onboard and thus not call in to the office!)

So here's the question: I registered/redeemed the certificate online, but no where does it say how this will show up - and even if it will be listed anywhere before boarding. So must I wait, and then hope it is there?

Does anyone have experience with redeeming a gift certificate for OBC?

(I also have a seperate OBC for each of the rooms I booked and don't want this to get lost with that one)

Johnathon

If you check under your payment history online it should show the amount and the date. I don't know how soon it takes to show up but that is where I found mine....that was after I called to verify as well. It won't actually show you with a negative balance though. Hope this helps.

If you check under your payment history online it should show the amount and the date. I don't know how soon it takes to show up but that is where I found mine....that was after I called to verify as well. It won't actually show you with a negative balance though. Hope this helps.

I have never seen my onboard credits posted to "payment history." Is there something I'm missing?

I used a Gift Certificate once. It did not show up on my booking or payment history anywhere. Also, I was cruising with a girlfriend and the amount of the GC was actually split between the two of us. I had to get my friend to go to the Purser's desk to have that straightened out.

I used a Gift Certificate once. It did not show up on my booking or payment history anywhere. Also, I was cruising with a girlfriend and the amount of the GC was actually split between the two of us. I had to get my friend to go to the Purser's desk to have that straightened out.

I was wondering if that would happen...........I redeemed one for an upcoming cruise with a friend.........oh well,if it is split,I'll let her have it.....she can buy me a drink......hahahah

• 1 month later...

I redeemed 2 gift certificates on Saturday for OBC. Was told to call today and they should be posted. Called and--yep you guessed it--they did not show up. Talked with a very nice CSR who sent an email to her supervisor while I was on the line asking to look into it and to email me when it gets posted. She also searched her data info to see if it said how long it takes to show up but could not find anything. I assume that since you have to redeem them at least 10 days before sailing that it should post w/in 10 days. Anyone else have any experience with when they show up? I just want to have something in hand when I board to make sure our account has been credited. TIA!!!

Archived