Lounge chairs on balcony

CRUZBUDS

We just booked 7094 on the Radiance which is one of the cabins with the very large balconies by the elevators.

I've read a ton of posts and seen many pictures of cabins in this area. Sometimes the cabins have two chairs and two lounges and other times just the chairs. The balcony looks kind of silly with just two chairs since it is so large. (thanks for all of the helpful posts and pictures - love Cruise Critic!)

What's the best way to insure we have the lounges? We're Diamond, so would contacting the conceirge ahead of time do any good? Thanks for your help.

If the balcony is large enough, they will most likely be there--at least, that's been the case with our balconies. If it's not, (and there's room) ask the attendant for one..they'll comply.
Not always. We got our own from the pool deck and brought it down the elevator. Of course, this took place around 3 AM when no one was watching. All the steward told us was we weren't really supposed to have lounge chairs on the balcony. He didn't remove it.

On Navigator there were 2 loungers on our aft balcony and there were 3 of us. I asked the cabin steward if we could have a third - it was there when we went back to the cabin (and yes, we did thank him with a tip:))

I was confused because I've read posts from people in the same cabin some had them and some didn't. This is a huge balcony - someone joked that they had room for a bbq grill.

I may try e-mailing the conceirge - Have any Diamond or Diamond + people used the concierge foro this type of request. Our next cruise will be our first as Diamond, so we don't have any experience.

If all else fails I'm not beyond make a 3:00 run up to the deck - seems to take chair hogging to a whole new level!

Thanks!

Archived