AOS Aruba Route - what shore excursions?!?

We are sailing on 2/1/09 on the Aruba route and we haven't booked shore excursions yet... I know - we should have done this a long time ago!!

But I need to know which ones are the best - either booked through RCCL or independent!! Please help!!

Thanks!!

We booked the following through the cruiseline:

Curacao - Dune Buggy tour - we had a blast, we drove in 2 person buggies, stopped at a old type fort, beach and we even broke down in the pouring down rain. The group that runs it is very organized and the support car picked us up and dropped off at the beach and when it was time to leave our buggy was there and back up and running. If I had to do it over I would bring extra clothes because when I say it poured it was to the point where we were soaked.

Aruba - we just walked around town, next time I would do some sort of a tour, make go to the beach??

St. Maarten - Shopping in the AM and Orient Beach in the PM.

St. Thomas - we did the tour that goes to St. John (Trunk Bay). The boat ride over was very rough, so if you get motion sickness, not the one to do. When we got there the beach was too rough and you could not snorkle unless you were experienced. The waves were crashing up the beach, we could not enjoy ourselves at all. We said something to the excursion desk when we got back to the ship and ended up getting a refund, we were more upset that RCCL didn't inform us before we left so we would have had the option not to go. The beach was beautiful but the ranger said they were just having very bad swells that day.

When we were in Aruba we did the ABC All Day Jeep tour and had a blast. My husband sure doent know how to drive very well. I almost fell out a few times (have to wonder if he hit all those ruts on purpose).

We did the underwater scuba in St. Thomas and in St. Marteen we did the Regatta.

What time do you leave Aruba?? We've been there twice on cruises and we didn't leave until something like midnight or 1:00 in the morning. If you leave late, you can do the KuKu Kanukoo (sp) bar-hopping tour. We've done it twice and had a blast.

Aubie

We visited the butterfly farm on our own and then did the Jolly Pirates snorkel sail swing excursion with RCL. We both agree that was one of our best excursions ever. The bus ride to & from the sail is awesome and the snorkeling is some of the best we've ever done.

Archived