Carnival Spirit 7349 and 7351 myths revealed~

Michael Kays

Just got back from Mexico on the spirit..wnd even though I could not find one picture of either of these 8g aft baconies..booked them anyway and was pleasantly surprised!!

They are side by side on Verandah Deck 7, and even though Carnival says they would not open the bulkheads that seperate them, they did!! I went directly to purser on embarkation and requested the bulkhead be opened..they did it first thing next day..they actually remove it for the entire cruise! Makes for an awesome double deck..

some things we learned..the balcony door can be easily propped open with the rubber door stop, just stick it in the jam between the door and bulkhead..even though there is a sign that says air conditioner will stop if door is opened..thats not true..I even read somewhere on CC where someone said to bring a refrigerator magnet and place it over the sensor..it isn't there!!

soot does get on the balcony, as well as irresponsible smokers tossing their cigarettes..but hey it can be cleaned up easily..every morning I just took a wet hand towel and wiped down the chairs and the rails, and picked up the butts from the butts..

Just got back from Mexico on the spirit..wnd even though I could not find one picture of either of these 8g aft baconies..booked them anyway and was pleasantly surprised!!

They are side by side on Verandah Deck 7, and even though Carnival says they would not open the bulkheads that seperate them, they did!! I went directly to purser on embarkation and requested the bulkhead be opened..they did it first thing next day..they actually remove it for the entire cruise! Makes for an awesome double deck..

some things we learned..the balcony door can be easily propped open with the rubber door stop, just stick it in the jam between the door and bulkhead..even though there is a sign that says air conditioner will stop if door is opened..thats not true..I even read somewhere on CC where someone said to bring a refrigerator magnet and place it over the sensor..it isn't there!!

soot does get on the balcony, as well as irresponsible smokers tossing their cigarettes..but hey it can be cleaned up easily..every morning I just took a wet hand towel and wiped down the chairs and the rails, and picked up the butts from the butts..

Do you have pics to share????

We were suposed to go on this cruise but we got snow and stuff i dont want to get into that! I was just wondering if it was a good cruise over all? Good ports, good ship just a brief review??!! Thanks, we are thinking about trying to get on it again!!!

Cbc

We went on the Carnival Spirit 11/07, and we're leaving on her again tomorrow!! Whoooo Whoo. She's a beautiful ship, we got an aft balcony cabin, which I recommend a balcony over a window or being in an inside cabin. The ports IMHO aren't as good as the ports that the Pride sails, but it's an 8-day cruise and the ports to us are not that important because we aren't in the ports long enough to really explore. The cliff divers in Alcapulco were interesting to watch, and to be honest, I don't remember much about the other ports....Manzinillo and Ixatpuo (spelling ??). We go crusing more for the relaxation, good food, and we don't have to be anywhere for 8 days. :D But I recommend this cruise and the ship. We hated the Pride, sailed on her once and just didn't care for it.

We went on the Carnival Spirit 11/07, and we're leaving on her again tomorrow!! Whoooo Whoo. She's a beautiful ship, we got an aft balcony cabin, which I recommend a balcony over a window or being in an inside cabin. The ports IMHO aren't as good as the ports that the Pride sails, but it's an 8-day cruise and the ports to us are not that important because we aren't in the ports long enough to really explore. The cliff divers in Alcapulco were interesting to watch, and to be honest, I don't remember much about the other ports....Manzinillo and Ixatpuo (spelling ??). We go crusing more for the relaxation, good food, and we don't have to be anywhere for 8 days. :D But I recommend this cruise and the ship. We hated the Pride, sailed on her once and just didn't care for it.

We are on this cruise right after you, so bring her back safe and sound! I can't wait!

You do know that the Spirit is the sister to the Pride, the ships are identical except for the decor. ;)

I hope you have a fabulous cruise!

Toni

oops, just realized you sailed on her 11/07...sorry about that! Just realized you are sailing right before us

Oh, I give up...

Have fun!

I can't believe there are such unwashed heathens ;) who would throw cigarette butts instead of disposing of them properly. Cigarette butts are a BIG pet peeve of mine. I mean, it's like some people think the world is their ashtray/garbage can...

-Glenn-

well put Glen..

In short the cruise was awesome, I'm not a Carnival fan per se...but we went on this cruise to get away from the Mexican Riviera "Cabo. PV and Mazatlan", been there done that too many times.

Ports were wonderful..we loved the 3 straight days of cruising before we hit our first port..we have already booked this cruise for next year..upgraded from an 8i aft balcony to the cat 11 wraparound on deck 4 with an adjoining 8i next to it.

we had side by side 8i balconies on deck 7 this cruise, they opened the bulkhead between them for us and it was wonderful!!

Only complaints were the cigarette butts and the soot on the deck...it did get a little crazy first day before we go to our cabins in the buffet areas. Very minor irritants. Embarkation and debarkation was a breeze..we arrive at 1145 and were onboard by 1230..they let you stay in your cabins until 0900 so we were there until our numbers were called and walked right off..!!

Staff was excellant and the food in the main dining room was very good.

I am glad to see that it isn't just me who is absolutely repulsed by cigarette butts....I don't smoke, if I did, I wouldn't want my own on my balcony...let alone anothers. To be honest, I have an aft balcony booked on deck 6, Miracle....my one hesitation for getting this location is cigarette butts on the balcony....It absolutely is vile. I don't really know what to do....is there a better deck to avoid this, I wonder? 5 or 6 are the decks I have narrowed down to.

• 1 month later...

Michael:

We are staying in cabin 7349 on our Alaska cruise this July. Is there a couch in that cabin? You have us a little worried regarding the cig butts, and soot. Is it worth the view? Will the room stewards keep the deck cleaned. I detest touching someone elses dirty butt! :eek:!

Thanks

I have been in aft cabin 6331 twice on the Spirit and once on the Pride and have never had any problems with cigarette butts. There is some soot on the balconey on occasion though to be careful of.

I hope this helps, Bill

Ecstasy - Nov. 2003

Paradise - Oct. 2004

Spirit - Dec. 2006

Elation - Oct. 2007

Spirit - Apr. 2008

Pride - Feb. 2009

We have gone on the Spirit twice and I love, and miss her. But just wanted to share about smoking. Oregon recently went totally non smoking.:( Hottest item now, electric ciggs! If any of you are smokers in a non smoking world, check them out. No ash, no smoke, no tobacco. Just a hit of nicotine with water vapor to exhale. Everyones happy.

Love the Spirit, but checking out Slendor this year, maybe. Attatched countdown clock cruise cancelled.

We were just assigned Aft 4230 on the Spirit for Alaska cruise. We really like the aft cabins but have never been on a deck that low on a ship. Has anyone ever had that level balcony and can advise whether we should try to change it? Thanks for the help.

Hey, Willie T. ~ hello to a fellow Oregonian! And, southern Oregon to boot! YAY! (Bet you don't know where Lakeview is) ;)

I am going on the Spirit next year.......can't wait!! We loved the Pride and Miracle, 2 of Spirit's sister ships.

Archived