Best beach, help please! Bomba's Beach Bar?

Wendy Mommy

Hi,

Over Christmas, we will be cruising on NCL Spirit and will be in Barbados from 1 pm-7pm. After 2 days at sea, we would like to find a beach that has sun and shade, a restaurant and bar. From what I had read, Paynes Bay & Bomba's Beach Bar sounds like fun.

Your comments are appreciated!

Thaks you,

Wendy & Kesh, Boston, MA

You may want to try the Boatyard.... They have lots of water activities, a restaurant, a really fun bar and it's $12 to get in- you get $5-$7 back in tokens to use on drinks, etc. I can't remember exactly how much. It's a very fun place.

Is the Boatyard on the south or west coast? Is that the name of the beach or the restaurant?
Honestly, I don't know directions very well, but it was about 5-7 minutes by taxi from the pier. Alot of the ship's crew go there when they have time off as well. The Boatyard is the name of the restaurant/bar and alot of folks call the beach Boatyard Beach, but I don't know if that's the official name or not.

Thanks for the info! I really wanted to do the Silver Moon catamaran but we're not disembarking until the afternoon. Boatyard sounds like a lot of fun.

Is it true that Crane Beach has an undertow and big waves? Not that I will be swimming a lot but...

Hi Wendy,

my niece and her husband highly recommended that beach (they had lots of fun there), so on our last cruise to Barbados we took a taxi to go there .......but the driver told us it is on the Antlantic side (and yes, it is very lovely and secluded) and the waves are big and you have to be a very good swimmer.

We changed our mind very quickly and did not go there.

Wes

Wendy Mom,

depending on what your looking for, I would recommend the Paynes Bay option. This beach is one of my favorite in Barbados. It's a wide crescent shaped beach and very comfortable water area to swim in. Not many if any water sports around, however, during the winter season, when you will be here, I'm sure there are more jetski's, kayaks and sailboats around.

I'm not a fan of Bumbas, but The Coach House, which is across the street as a Beach Cart with drinks and they do take orders to be cooked in the Restaurant and delivered to you on the beach where they have picnic tables for you to eat on. (all very civiliezed from the way the beach used to be). (They also provide changing rooms, not toliet facilities, right on the path between the beach and the road/restaurant).

it is usually a quiet beach, good for walking, sunbathing and swimming.

It's also a nice beach to watch the sun go down.. as your on the west coast.

Enjoy

Hi Everyone

The difference between the Boat Card and Carlisle Bay Beach and Payne’s Bay Beach by the Boat Yard is basically the Bar

Payne’s Bay as a beach is better to me because it is long it is on the West Coast, It is not a busy as the Boat Yard can be so you have a bit more space to yourself on the beach and in the water. There is a great spot to snorkel if you like.

Boat yard you pay one fee US$12.00 per head US$5.00 of which is refundable at the restaurant. You have access to chairs kayaks umbrellas and water toys. And you walk off the beach into the bar and restaurant.

Payne’s Bay you can rent chairs and umbrellas on the beach there are a few trees that offer shade. Waterports are available at the beach and the Coach House has a small bar on the beach where you can place drink and meal orders.

It is ether BoatYard Party or Payne’s Bay Laid Back

I hope this info helps either way they are both great spots :D

Archived