Cigars in Samana from the island 106 miles south of Key West

geegee1

I was there a while back. There is a small outdoor market near the tender pier where there are many vendors selling what may look like cigars from that island. Look closely, everything I saw were knock-offs. There were no shops near to find any either. On the bright side, there was one guy in that open air market that was hand rolling with local leaves. I brought a couple of those, they were quite enjoyable! :D What other islands are you going to visit?

I was there a while back. There is a small outdoor market near the tender pier where there are many vendors selling what may look like cigars from that island. Look closely, everything I saw were knock-offs. There were no shops near to find any either. On the bright side, there was one guy in that open air market that was hand rolling with local leaves. I brought a couple of those, they were quite enjoyable! :D What other islands are you going to visit?

Thanks. i'll look for the guy rolling with local leaves. the other stop is RC's island Labadee then two US territories.

Im a cigar smoker and I was in Samana a week and a half ago. There are several people selling nock offs that are supposed to be Cubans. There are no real cubans sold by street venders. If you want real cubans you need to get them from a certified dealer. If im paying $10 or more for a cigar I want to know what im buying. I can buy good cheep hand rolled cigars off the net for a buch or two. I do know if you want to get a good cuban you can get them while in Mexico, St Martin, or Nassau. But dont ever buy from a street vendor They are 99.9% of the time fakes. That all said while in samana we asked our taxi driver to take us to a cigar factory. It was only a mile or two from the port. Not sure it was a real factory there was one guy there rolling cigars (or demonstrating how to roll them) They were selling cigars and had free samples. It was fun and I bought a bundle of 25 for $50. They were good not great. Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived