Downtown Cabo San Lucas

outandabout

I've done some research on this board regarding sightseeing downtown Cabo San Lucas and there isn't much. It seems that the majority of interests are in water sports. My friend and I doesn't fall into that category. Hence, could someone suggest a walking tour of downtown CSL mainly to visit historic areas, view local architecture, shopping, dining, etc.

Our time in port is short; roughly 6 hours. As soon as we reach the dock (terminal), we'll take a boat to see the arches and return to land. How far does the boat dock from downtown?

Any advice is much appreciated. Two weeks and counting!

There are no historical sites to see in Cabo. Town is only about a 10 minute walk or less from the tender dock. The city of Cabo is relatively new and the whole place is very walkable. You might just want to head out and do a little shopping and have lunch in one of the fabulous restaurants. The next town over, San Jose is about 30 minutes away and is more of an authentic Mexican town if that interests you.

We love Cabo and spend 2 weeks at a time there and never run out of things to do!

There are no historical sites to see in Cabo. Town is only about a 10 minute walk or less from the tender dock. The city of Cabo is relatively new and the whole place is very walkable. You might just want to head out and do a little shopping and have lunch in one of the fabulous restaurants. The next town over, San Jose is about 30 minutes away and is more of an authentic Mexican town if that interests you.

We love Cabo and spend 2 weeks at a time there and never run out of things to do!

We were in Cabo last Nov and we just walked around after the gettng off the tender - we had a snack at No Worry - enjoyed it - and of course lots of shopping for souvenirs before getting on the tender. We will be returning next month and would like to know how far is it to Cabo Wabo and where is located ? thank you ...

Corkey Carol

walk up to hotel finesterra, see views below, you the tender dock is in the center of the pic, 3 pyramid tents, tell the hotel gate guard "reservacion officina"

then walk around the very nice marina boardwalk and on to medano beach, near billigans, enjoy a drink on a bar deck overlooking,

then take a cab to the hidden roadhouse Latitide 22 for 1,000's of historical pictures (fishing town only 40 years old)

IMG_1748.jpg

Cabo5.jpg

medano

IMG_5348.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

roadhouse

Cabo6.jpg

CIMG2399.jpg

Is Cabo Wabo downtown?

Can you walk to it when you get off the ship?

Still have not made up my mind what to do in Cabo but I would like to see Cabo Wabo.

Laura

Yes, Cabo Wabo is right downtown, about a 10 minute walk from the tender pier. It will be very quiet during the day. The main restaurant and the main bar do not open up until evening. There will only be one small area open and the gift shop. There are lots better bars to go to during the day unless you just want to say that you saw it.

Thanks for sharing your fantastic photos! Is your 2nd pic taken in Hotel Finesterra? Is it a walkable distance from the tender port? What specific route will I take to get to the hotel? Did you go there for the views, or eat? It's a perfect spot for photography!

Re Hidden Roadhouse Latitude 22...bar, restaurant? Would the cab driver know..or is it easier to give him an address?

Your photos are visual aid...thanks very much...and sorry for too many questions.

walk up to hotel finesterra, see views below, you the tender dock is in the center of the pic, 3 pyramid tents, tell the hotel gate guard "reservacion officina"

then walk around the very nice marina boardwalk and on to medano beach, near billigans, enjoy a drink on a bar deck overlooking,

then take a cab to the hidden roadhouse Latitide 22 for 1,000's of historical pictures (fishing town only 40 years old)

IMG_1748.jpg

Cabo5.jpg

medano

IMG_5348.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

roadhouse

Cabo6.jpg

CIMG2399.jpg

Sounds like San Jose is something I would be interested in, but...time is short. May not be able to visit. Ahhh...there's always a second time around.

We were in Cabo last Spring. We took the ships tour to San Jose del Cabo and enjoyed it a lot. We stopped at the glass blowing factory and a very nice cactus garden. We also spent some time at a restaurant/hotel overlooking the bay and got some very nice photos. A beverage was included. On the way back you can get dropped off in town and walk back to the pier.

Vada

We were in Cabo last Spring. We took the ships tour to San Jose del Cabo and enjoyed it a lot. We stopped at the glass blowing factory and a very nice cactus garden. We also spent some time at a restaurant/hotel overlooking the bay and got some very nice photos. A beverage was included. On the way back you can get dropped off in town and walk back to the pier.

Vada

HI Vada - nice to see you here - and glad you posted on the CA Cruisers thread - I will be in the Mexican Riviera next month == we were there in Nov but we did not do tours = we just walked around - this time we will take some tours -

corkey Carol

I would definitely get a price quote before catching a cab out to Latitude 22. It used to be in town but as far as I know, it relocated out onto the highway a few years ago. Unless they have moved back into town, the cab ride would probably be in the $15-25 dollar range each way. It's a great place, but we stopped going when they moved out onto the highway.

outandabout

ok, here we go, the hotel finesterra is one of the original hotels in cabo. Remember to tell the gate guard that you are going to the "reservacion officina". The harbor view is best seen from the carport. You would never know of it's outrageous pool view. When you get up there, stroll across the walking bridge to the ocean side, and you will see the amazing pool view. You can walk up there, or take a cab. Cabs in Cabo are a little different than most of mexico. They are nice large vans that are expensive, but very comfortable. I would walk. As you can see by the google earth pics below, lattitude 22 is hidden (closed on Tuesdays), but a caby will know where it is. The ultra rich gringo fishermen that made Cabo, like the privacy of their historical fisherman's cantina, and leave the tourists to downtown. The 1,000's of big game pictures on the walls are amazing. Have Fun. We love it and will be there in late Feb on the Mariner, and mid May on the Splendor.

cabo.jpg

finesterrapool.jpg

raodhouse-1.jpg

roadhouse2.jpg

and if you really want to poke around for a view pic, head up the hard to find dirt road to the mountain top radio antennas. Looks like a cruise ship drag race is ready to start.

IMG_1149-1.jpg

and there are many area resorts that are world class

IMG_1410.jpg

Our first time in Cabo we did a shore excursion through our ship that gave us a boat ride out to the arches and then we boarded a van that took us to a restaurant that had very nice gardens and overlooked our ship. It was a very relaxing tour.

Our second time there it was just DH & I and we rented wave runners. It was the perfect thing to do since it was very hot and humid there the middle of October. Afterwards, sat at one of the beach places and had a couple Margaritas.

I have still never been to Cabo Wabo. I hear it's easy to walk to but not always an easy walk to get back to the ship:eek:

Our cruise in Jan 2010 we are going with some friends that have been to Cabo Wabo so hopefully we will make it there then.

Our first time in Cabo we did a shore excursion through our ship that gave us a boat ride out to the arches and then we boarded a van that took us to a restaurant that had very nice gardens and overlooked our ship. It was a very relaxing tour.

Our second time there it was just DH & I and we rented wave runners. It was the perfect thing to do since it was very hot and humid there the middle of October. Afterwards, sat at one of the beach places and had a couple Margaritas.

I have still never been to Cabo Wabo. I hear it's easy to walk to but not always an easy walk to get back to the ship:eek:

Our cruise in Jan 2010 we are going with some friends that have been to Cabo Wabo so hopefully we will make it there then.

That's cute about not being able to walk back to the ship! stagger stagger!! I just want to go to be able to say I have been to Cabo Wabo - we missed it last time. Corkey

Yes, Cabo Wabo is right downtown, about a 10 minute walk from the tender pier. It will be very quiet during the day. The main restaurant and the main bar do not open up until evening. There will only be one small area open and the gift shop. There are lots better bars to go to during the day unless you just want to say that you saw it.

That might depend on when you are there - we were there April 2008 and both the bar and restaurant were packed at 11AM on a weekday. We're hoping that'll be the case this April as well. We didn't eat there (too long of a line for food) but the bar was rocking with live music and we had a blast!

We just got back from our trip yesterday. We went to Cabo Wabo about noonish on Monday. Its was an easy walk from the pier. Ask anyone and they can tell you how to get there. By walking over to Cabo Wabo we saw some shops we would have missed otherwise. It was busy, but not packed, no wait at all for a table. We had a very good lunch with a pitcher of excellent Caboritas!:eek: The seating area was open air and we had a beautiful day for it. Their gift shop is a little pricey, but they sell T-shirts, hats and of course Cabo Wabo.

We just got back from our trip yesterday. We went to Cabo Wabo about noonish on Monday. Its was an easy walk from the pier. Ask anyone and they can tell you how to get there. By walking over to Cabo Wabo we saw some shops we would have missed otherwise. It was busy, but not packed, no wait at all for a table. We had a very good lunch with a pitcher of excellent Caboritas!:eek: The seating area was open air and we had a beautiful day for it. Their gift shop is a little pricey, but they sell T-shirts, hats and of course Cabo Wabo.

Thank You - looking forward to going there next month!! Corkey

Did you do the Baja Bugs through the ship or booked privately? I was looking at the ship excursions today and some look interesting. I though DH would like the dune buggies. I usually book independent tours but have had some really good ones through the ship, too.

We are now going to be in Cabo twice within a year - September and then in April. I would like to different things each time.

Archived