Binoculars for Panama Full Transit?

Flindy&Doc

I think you would find them useful. I never thought to bring mine:o. A couple on times on my cruise in Nov.08 I could have used them in the Canal. My friend had a good zoom on her camera so that helped but the binoculars would have been better.

We drug two pair along on our trip through the canal and I must tell you, I won't leave home with out them. they are particularly great to see the gators and some of the other fun stuff you might stumble on along the way. Trust me, you won't regret the extra weight. Enjoy your cruise.

For cruises we purchased the newer very small binoculars that weigh nothing. They are perfect for travel. I would not cruise without a pair of binoculars. One thing we both love to do is check out the passing ships. On the last cruise we spotted something bobbing in the distant waters and pulled out the binoculars only to find out it was a very small boat aiming for another Island on open water. It was overloaded but they knew what they were doing. Interesting things happen even at sea.

The Deluxe Verandah Suites on HAL offer a pair of binoculars in the cabin as one of the amenities. We've found them so useful (and addictive) that we definitely bring a pair along with us on every cruise.....

We particularly enjoy them on Alaska and Panama Canal cruises. The ships and boats you see while in the Canal are fascinating to me, and binoculars let me enjoy them close-up. There are also crocs and other critters visible (like monkeys in the trees) when you look in the right spot at the right time.

I've been thinking about buying a new pair like this, so I'm curious...what make and model do you have?

We have a smaller one but the one that works best for cruising to both of us is the Nikon Travelite 9x25 - 5.6. You can test them out at any store that carries them. I also will try and find the really small binoculars just so you can try that out as well though I am sure the stores will have displays for them as well. I have to figure out where I put them.

We have a smaller one but the one that works best for cruising to both of us is the Nikon Travelite 9x25 - 5.6. You can test them out at any store that carries them. I also will try and find the really small binoculars just so you can try that out as well though I am sure the stores will have displays for them as well. I have to figure out where I put them.

Thank you!!!

Archived