Good place for knock-off purses in Cozumel

cruisinCLT

You can buy knock-offs just about anywhere there. Be aware that it is illegal to bring counterfeit merchandise into the US and, if found, it will be confiscated. You could also be fined.

Now, that being said, 1 purse or 1 watch or other item will probably make it through. However, pack it in your suitcase. More than 1 could draw attention. Also, on your customs return form, you have to list the items you are bringing back. If you list purses, they may want to see them....

Here is the U.S. law concerning trademarked items:

http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/prohibited_restricted.xml#TrademarkedandCopyrightedArticles

You can buy knock-offs just about anywhere there. Be aware that it is illegal to bring counterfeit merchandise into the US and' date=' if found, it will be confiscated. You could also be fined.

Now, that being said, 1 purse or 1 watch or other item will probably make it through. However, pack it in your suitcase. More than 1 could draw attention. Also, on your customs return form, you have to list the items you are bringing back. If you list purses, they may want to see them....

http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/prohibited_restricted.xml#TrademarkedandCopyrightedArticles[/quote']

People that often post this, may have forgotten about this clause in the rule:

"However, travelers arriving in the United States may be permitted an exemption and allowed to import one article of each type, which must accompany the person, bearing a counterfeit, confusingly similar or restricted gray market trademark, provided that the article is for personal use and is not for sale.

This exemption may be granted not more than once every 30 days. The arriving passenger may retain one article of each type accompanying the person. For example, an arriving person who has three purses, whether each bears a different infringing trademark, or whether all three bear the same infringing trademark, is permitted only one purse. If the article imported under the personal exemption provision is sold within one year after the date of importation, the article or its value is subject to forfeiture."

You can buy knock-offs just about anywhere there. Be aware that it is illegal to bring counterfeit merchandise into the US and' date=' if found, it will be confiscated. You could also be fined.

http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/prohibited_restricted.xml#TrademarkedandCopyrightedArticles[/quote']

You don't have list every item on your customs form. You just list the dollar value total that you spent. At least I never have nor have I been asked to.

Why would you want a knockoff?? I never understood this thinking. Every time I would go to use it I would know it was not the real thing. You can usually get the genuine article on sale or on ebay if you look. I know in Key West there is a nice Coach factory store and the prices on some items are over 50% off for the real thing.

• 1 month later...
Why would you want a knockoff?? I never understood this thinking. Every time I would go to use it I would know it was not the real thing. You can usually get the genuine article on sale or on ebay if you look. I know in Key West there is a nice Coach factory store and the prices on some items are over 50% off for the real thing.

Because it's fun! I don't even begin to pretend that I have the real thing. I actually kid around at work and ask if they like my "foach" or "frauda". It's just fun :D

I have heard that these fakes support terriorists, have no evidence of it. But what I do know is that when we buy these knock offs we are taking away jobs from people in the USA. Think about how many people visit Mexico on vacation. Just the purchase of one of these could really add up,close down the few remaining factories we have here in the USA... Years back most of us were too far removed from this to hit home, but now we all have freinds and nieghbors who no longer have jobs.

Even in Mexico knock offs are not cheap. Instead you can find really incredible leather bags with great inside linings for the same $$s as a knock off... In the end you will have a much better product that you can use for years... The knock off are just going to fall apart.

I have heard that these fakes support terriorists, have no evidence of it. But what I do know is that when we buy these knock offs we are taking away jobs from people in the USA. Think about how many people visit Mexico on vacation. Just the purchase of one of these could really add up,close down the few remaining factories we have here in the USA... Years back most of us were too far removed from this to hit home, but now we all have freinds and nieghbors who no longer have jobs.

Even in Mexico knock offs are not cheap. Instead you can find really incredible leather bags with great inside linings for the same $$s as a knock off... In the end you will have a much better product that you can use for years... The knock off are just going to fall apart.

umm I think Coach purses are made in china:confused:

Excellent points.

You wouldn't have a problem bringing a couple back with you. I always have. Like someone already said, you just put down a dollar amount that you are bringing back. I actually had a "Customs Agent" ask me what I was bringing back and I told him "purses" and he just laughed and said "well of course"! So need not worry. You can get numerous knock offs, such as dooney, dolce & gabana, prada, coach, etc. just about anything you are looking for!

Isn't buying knock offs exactly the same as conspiring with criminals? Without your purchases, the criminals would have no reason to do knock offs.

And WHY brand YOURSELF as a crook AND a total FAKE!

Dan

umm I think Coach purses are made in china:confused:

Pretty much. They used to me made in the US but like most things, aren't anymore.

Which leads to an interesting situation with many of the designer labels that are in such demand. A lot of times the "knock offs" are coming out of the same factories as the "officials". They're cut from the same cloth and designs but since they aren't sold through the "official" outlets, they're grey market. As another semi-related fact, Coach is also known for designing bags of simpler design and lesser-grade materials specifically for their chain of outlet stores.

But to answer the original question, there are leather stores up and down the main drag or just off it that sell knock-offs. They're pretty good quality too, from what I've seen. No obvious "Cooch" bags.

Isn't buying knock offs exactly the same as conspiring with criminals? Without your purchases, the criminals would have no reason to do knock offs.

And WHY brand YOURSELF as a crook AND a total FAKE!

Dan

That's only true if the knock-offs are actually illegal. What items and designs are copyrighted and protected and which aspects of designs are not is very complicated. Some "knock-offs" are perfectly legal.

As for the original question, I'd very much like to know where to buy knock-offs in Belize and Cozumel. I need a gift for my sister.

If your ship ports at the pier near Carlos and Charlie's, turn left and the shops will be on your right. There's a jewelry store a couple of blocks down, with discount jewelry on tables up front. In back of the store are Coach purses. Very likely fake, but WTH I got them for teenagers. I negotiated and got 2 for $90 total.

Hey I am from PA and I actually get knockoff in jersey. In there flea markets you can get anything louie ,fendi ,coach, and the prices are very very cheap from 10- 50 depending on the style also has fake designer glasses 5-10, as well as watches and everything under the sun good material can't tell the difference unless your a collector. Oh and for all those ppl that dont understand why ppl buy fake, I am a nursing student and am not in a position to buy 2,000 dollar bags plus isn't that a cruise lol. maybe one day lol, but tell then will settle for my fake louie.:D

So check fleamarkets in your own towns. Take care!

You're going all the way to Jersey? Did they crack down at Rice's Market again?

Never been but I know its in new hope right? I live in Philadelphia and much closer to just cross the talcony palmyra bridge into N.J. :D

Never been but I know its in new hope right? I live in Philadelphia and much closer to just cross the talcony palmyra bridge into N.J. :D

Nah, it's right close to Peddler's Village. And I can see how the Tacony would be closer if you're in Philadelphia proper and not the northern suburbs.

Here in Ohio, at an outdoor flea market, they just recently arrested a vendor for selling fake name brand handbags. He will most likely spend a few years in jail. I can never see the purpose of buying knock offs when anyone that has any knowledge of handbags will be literaly laughing at you. As someone else said, you can get the real thing at an outlet store that has last years styles at a very nice price.

By the way, I can spot a fake a mile away. (So can my hubby)

Here in Ohio, at an outdoor flea market, they just recently arrested a vendor for selling fake name brand handbags. He will most likely spend a few years in jail. I can never see the purpose of buying knock offs when anyone that has any knowledge of handbags will be literaly laughing at you. As someone else said, you can get the real thing at an outlet store that has last years styles at a very nice price.

By the way, I can spot a fake a mile away. (So can my hubby)

Then you'd know that most of those "outlet bags" are about the same quality as the fakes -- and intentionally so as they're created to be sold at an outlet for people won't/can't bring themselves to buy a knock off. Some people like to buy the knock-offs as they want a different bag every day. Others simply can't afford the real thing. I know many, many people who mix the two -- classic real pieces and trendy knock offs. And I also know many people with a vast and ranging knowledge of hangbags and fine leather goods who appreciate a good knock-off and don't feel the need to laugh at other people for enjoying them.

Archived