September 14-21, 2010...too late?

ajhunt2

So we're planning WAY ahead. NCL was the only ones offering in Sept. and I read that if you want to have a better chance of seeing the Northern Lights Sept. is best. But is this too late to enjoy the rest of the trip?

Also, does anyone know the exact cancellation policy for NCL if you cancel prior to 90 days? We got a special 1/2 price deposit and $100 on board credit but thought maybe night find a better deal closer to time.

So we're planning WAY ahead. NCL was the only ones offering in Sept. and I read that if you want to have a better chance of seeing the Northern Lights Sept. is best. But is this too late to enjoy the rest of the trip?

Also, does anyone know the exact cancellation policy for NCL if you cancel prior to 90 days? We got a special 1/2 price deposit and $100 on board credit but thought maybe night find a better deal closer to time.

Odd, I'm sailing from 12 to 19 Sept, and I'm NOT going on NCL (I also looked at X for that time period). September is wonderful for shopping. The weather can range anywhere from 30 degrees and snowing to 90 degrees and sweltering (though that is freak weather). The average is 40-50 degrees and rainy.

Often it is cloudy/foggy enough that you don't get a good shot at the aurora borealis unless you are up near Anchorage and Fairbanks or north (though we have seen them here in Seattle on occasion).

NCL, like most cruise lines will fully refund your deposit so long as you cancel before final payment is due (unless you live in the UK).

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so I think we may want to go earlier. I'm afraid our excursions will be limited and more of a chance of the weather being iffy. Will NCL still honor the $100 OBC I have now versus the $50 they are offering now, and accept my $250 deposti versus the $500? I assume they will but just wondered if this was the case. Still going to wait until other fares for 2010 are posted since it's not that much longer.

Will NCL still honor the $100 OBC I have now versus the $50 they are offering now, and accept my $250 deposti versus the $500?

The OBCs are date-specific, aren't they, so I doubt it, but the reduced deposit is company-wide.

Overall, you have to be very careful booking these timeframes. One good trip, is no indication of the common trends which are the worse potential for the entire cruise season. Being well prepared will make all the difference. I used to sail these times when they gave the trips away, and always at least the second trip of that year.

Expect on average, temps 40-50, ave of 3 days of rain and dark by 7pm. The aurora is no where on the scale of more north, and it is rare to see. You are also sailing an "off" year.

I don't find the discounts significant enough for me.

Okay, so I think we may want to go earlier. I'm afraid our excursions will be limited and more of a chance of the weather being iffy. Will NCL still honor the $100 OBC I have now versus the $50 they are offering now, and accept my $250 deposti versus the $500? I assume they will but just wondered if this was the case. Still going to wait until other fares for 2010 are posted since it's not that much longer.

You need to get this information direct from your booking agent.

Archived