Can you walk to Bayside from the Hyatt Regency?

kel24

I just won the Hyatt Regency in downtown Miami on Priceline for $75.00. Can you walk to Bayside MarketPlace from this hotel? We want to go there the night before our cruise.

TIA.

Yes you can.. but I wouldnt at night.. there are lots of cabs around there.. there is also a metro mover or something like that.. I have never used that.. maybe someone who has can help there.

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott which is near the Hyatt and we took the metromover over to Bayside Market. I can't remember but I think it was only 3 or 4 stops about 5 minutes. We are not that familiar with public transportation but we did just fine with it. You get off at the stop and Bayside Market is just about 2 blocks up the street. There is lots of people around at night so it didn't feel unsafe. We loved Bayside Market, it was a very lively place.

I would agree with the previous poster. You can walk from the Hyatt to Bayside without any problem but would not do it at night. We stayed there several years ago (won on Priceline). While it is probably a 10-15 minute walk, it is fine and right in the downtown area. Cabs are right at the entrance to Bayside and think it was really cheap (less than $5) for the cab ride back. Also, someone mentioned the Metro Mover but we were not comfortable using it especially at night.

Hyatt is a nice spot and having Bayside near is great! We have always enjoyed our times there. There used to be a Cuban sandwich shop right outside of the Hyatt across the street that served an excellent breakfast and good lunches. Nothing fancy but an option.

I would not use the metromover at night....(i don't love it during the day either..)

if you use it during hte day, definitely take a cab back.

I agree. We stayed at the Hyatt. It was a pain getting to the metro mover from the hotel. In broad daylight, two women (us) were not at all comfortable on the "train". Didn't think twice about having to take a cab back.

Do yourself a favor and take a cab to/from Bayside. It'll make your visit to Bayside so much more enjoyable.

Cathy

Hi,

Do yourself a favor and take a cab (very short ride) to Bayside, especially at night time. There is another great area, also close to your hotel (short ride - less than 5 minutes cab ride), it is called "Mary Brickell Village" and you can google it. Lots of "IN" restaurants and shops in the area, lots of night life. Have a great trip!:)

Archived