Anyone been on Celebration?

ecto04

I'm taking my mother-in-law on her first cruise in May. We're sailing on the Celebration out of Jacksonville. I've sailed on the Fascination before which I think is a little bigger. Had no trouble with seasickness at all. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience on the Celebration. Was it less stable because it's a smaller ship?

Thanks!

We sailed Celebration from Jax on 10\28 and enjoyed it very much. My DW gets sick in a bent wood rocker at low speed and she did well. The 2 teens and I had no problem and did not take anything for seasickness.
Let us know if we can help with any other info on this cruise or port.
Have fun!!!:)

[quote name='Victrola']We sailed Celebration from Jax on 10\28 and enjoyed it very much. My DW gets sick in a bent wood rocker at low speed and she did well. The 2 teens and I had no problem and did not take anything for seasickness.
Let us know if we can help with any other info on this cruise or port.
Have fun!!!:)[/QUOTE]
Victrola,

I've booked the Celebration out of Jacksonville the first of June with my DH and DD (will be 14 yrs old). Can you give me a little more info on the "teen scene"?? She considered taking a friend with her but that's all fallen through so . . . she's concerned about traveling "solo" and not having anything to do or anyone to do it with!!:eek:

How are the disco's and camp carnival arranged for the age groups and were there very many kids her age on board??

THANKS!
Kim from Kentucky!

[quote name='pirateover40']Sailed on the Celebration out of Galveston. No problems with sea sickness. My only complaint with Celebration and her sister Jubilee was engine noise and vibration if you had a lower cabin aft. The positive side to that was it really puts you to sleep at night.
As if the rum isn't enough.[/QUOTE]
We're in OV U156 . . . how's that one??? Not too far below but a little further aft than I wanted!!

Kim

PS . . . do you know anything about a "secret door"?? At least a few suggestions for a quiet moment with my DH?????? Traveling with our 13 yr old DD ;)

We cruised on the Celebration on our very first cruise. It will always be a special cruise for us. There were 5 couples all sisters/brother and spouses, and of those 3 couples had not cruised before we all loved it, only 2 got seasick but after the patch behind the ear there was no problem at all. There really is a bad engine noise that we could hear at all times but it did not keep us from having a wonderful time. We have also cruised on the Conquest and the Destiny and had good times on both of them but since the Celebration was our first experience we still love it too.

Kd we took 2 teens on our cruise and both had a wonderful time. We sailed at a time when school was in session so there were only 49 children on board. We signed them both up for camp carnival and they went to a few events with low turnout. On the 3rd day they met up with a few teens there age and we didn't see much of the son except at meal time. The DS probably enjoyed it more than the DD since he makes friends easy.

The DD went on the cooks and kitchen tours. She also visited the teens disco several times in the early evening. She found plenty to keep her busy. The time frame you are sailing should be better as school is out in NE Florida and SE Georgia and more teens should be on board.

Archived