A few random questions

ejpumpkin

Okay- I have even more questions still. :eek: Can you tell I just like to be really really prepared and don't like surprises?! :D

1. How do the room safes work? A lot of people said to leave my wedding ring/money in our safe when we go ashore. I thought I read somewhere else though that all you have to do is press the 'reset' button and you can open the safe and reset the code. That isn't very safe then! Also, I thought I read you should bring an expired gift card. Is that for the magnetic strip to open it? So I guess how does the safe work and how safe is it really? Can the room steward just press the reset button or swipe any magnetic card and open it?

2. People are saying there is only one outlet in the room. Am i right to assume when you say one outlet you mean it has 2 females and there is another outlet with 2 more females in the bathroom??

3. Are the hangers in the closet normal hangers? You know how some hotels have those hangers that you couldn't just pick up and hang on something else?! I am wondering if I will be able to take a hanger from the closet and hang my dress in the bathroom to steam the wrinkles out.

That's all for now. Thanks so much. :D:D

as far as 1) is concerned you set it by entering a 4 digit pin - it can be opened by security, but you have to sign a form to say you are the occupant etc.

2) if you are concerned bring an extension lead - different cabins have more sockets than others.

3) Can't remember sorry.

Okay- I have even more questions still. :eek: Can you tell I just like to be really really prepared and don't like surprises?! :D

1. How do the room safes work? A lot of people said to leave my wedding ring/money in our safe when we go ashore. I thought I read somewhere else though that all you have to do is press the 'reset' button and you can open the safe and reset the code. That isn't very safe then! Also, I thought I read you should bring an expired gift card. Is that for the magnetic strip to open it? So I guess how does the safe work and how safe is it really? Can the room steward just press the reset button or swipe any magnetic card and open it?

2. People are saying there is only one outlet in the room. Am i right to assume when you say one outlet you mean it has 2 females and there is another outlet with 2 more females in the bathroom??

3. Are the hangers in the closet normal hangers? You know how some hotels have those hangers that you couldn't just pick up and hang on something else?! I am wondering if I will be able to take a hanger from the closet and hang my dress in the bathroom to steam the wrinkles out.

That's all for now. Thanks so much. :D:D

1. It depends on the ship you are sailing on. Some ships use a safe type that works with a digit code. You set this code and use it to re-open the safe. Other ships use a magnetic stripe card to programm the safe and reopen it. The safes are safe and no you can´t just press the reset button to open them and the stewards can´t just swipe a card to open it unless you gave them your card.

Of course ships security can open the safe and they have to in case you locked out yourself, lost the card or forget the code or the safe has a malfunction. But if this has to be done you have to sign papers for them to do it, you need to be present when they open it and they come with two people to have witness.

2. I don´t know what you mean by "females", but there is one American style 110V outlet and one European style 220V outlet in the cabin under the mirror. The bathroom only has one outlet that is for razor use only.

3. The hangers are the Hotel style ones, but if you send stuff to the Laundry/Dry cleaning you´ll get it back on regular hangers.

There is one standard "duplex" 110 volt plug at the desk. Similar to what you would have in your house. You can plug 2 items it at the same time. The plug in the bathroom is connected to the light fixture and is only for shavers. I've tried to use that plug for a nightlight (it gets dark in the bathroom at night!!), except the plug is only "hot" when the lights are on in the bathroom.

If you need "regular" hangers, just ask your cabin attendant for a few.

The safe is definity safe. You can't just reset them. Some do have 4 digit codes and some do use a mag strip. The bad and good thing about the mag strip type is that you have to use the same card to get in. This is fine except when you are not with your spouse. We ususally solve this by having a junk card we can use, then we find another hiding spot in the cabin to store the card. We have never had a problem

Don't quote me for sure on the hangers, but I think on the my last cruise I discovered you can put the removable hotel style hangers into the track the is used for the curtain that seperates the bed from the rest of the living area. (If you call a refridgerator box living space)

Just got off of Serenade last week, and we had a closet full of regular hangers that you could take off the rail. (There was one small difference, the curve of the hook is a bit smaller than a typical hanger, I assume so it doesn't fall off the rail if the ship starts rocking.) However, other ships may carry differe3nt types of hangers.

Just got off of Serenade last week, and we had a closet full of regular hangers that you could take off the rail. (There was one small difference, the curve of the hook is a bit smaller than a typical hanger, I assume so it doesn't fall off the rail if the ship starts rocking.) However, other ships may carry differe3nt types of hangers.

Now that you mention it, yes I have had those kind of hangers as well. So it depends on the ship what kind they have. The smaller curve is because this is another for to prevent that you can use them at home, the curve would usually be too small for your closet at home.

Archived