Legend - 7A or 8A

sunflower girl

Hi all -

With the early savers program the difference is about $80 per person between the 7A and 8A. I am looking to book for our 15th anniversary in October on the Legend out of Tampa.

We have had an ocean view and inside, but have not done a balcony yet. I know that the 7A is obstructed view - but is it worth an extra $160 for an 8A.

Thanks!

My opinion... Yes, it's worth the $$ for an unobructed balcony. I've only cruised with unobstructed balconies, so I don't speak from experience other than I personally would want to enjoy an unobstructed BEAUTIFUL view. You'll probably love it either way... balconies are wonderful in my opinion.

Hi all -

With the early savers program the difference is about $80 per person between the 7A and 8A. I am looking to book for our 15th anniversary in October on the Legend out of Tampa.

We have had an ocean view and inside, but have not done a balcony yet. I know that the 7A is obstructed view - but is it worth an extra $160 for an 8A.

Thanks!

The 7As aren't that obstructed, the top of the lifeboat is right at your balcony floor level, so you have no obstruction looking out, just straight down to the water. Also the first 3 lifeboats most forward are a bit taller so have a little more of an obstruction.

Hi all -

Thanks!

IMO I would rather have a 6 anything than a 7. The lifeboats pretty much mean you are looking at a wall the whole time with some light around the edges. So, in direct response to the question, IMO the $160 is well worth it.

IMO I would rather have a 6 anything than a 7. The lifeboats pretty much mean you are looking at a wall the whole time with some light around the edges. So, in direct response to the question, IMO the $160 is well worth it.

Actually, on the Spirit class ships, the new 4Fs (used to be 5As) are the cabins that look directly out to the lifeboats and have only french doors, no balcony. The 7As are one deck above them and you can only see the top of the lifeboat at your balcony floor level.

Spend the extra.......it's well worth it to look straight out/straight down on the ocean.

If you do.....and you relax with a pair of binoculars, you likely will see something you never have.....FLYING FISH.......I kid you not.

They are moving away from Dolphins and whatever else wants to eat them. Have seen them fly at times nearly the length of a football field.

The other thing is.......you lose full sense of privacy when that huge set of lifeboats is sitting in a position that's almost touchable. And bear in mind that you WILL end up seeing crew working outside your balcony from time to time, I guess checking the lifeboats or whatever. That in itself makes you feel exposed.......whether or not you chose to join the Balcony Club.

Have a great cruise which ever room you choose......ANY room on a cruise ship is awesome compared to day-to-day living !

Archived