Is it really that hard - pool chairs

ejpumpkin

Next to the "reserved" ones :D

I have to find out a definite answer to this. I wanted something more lounge-like for the balcony anyway.

Hi!

Did you ever get an answer to your question? I want to bring my own portable sand chair on my cruise to avoid the chair hog insanity, and I'd appreciate knowing if you got an answer and if you did bring your own chairs to the pool area? If so, how did it go?

Thanks--

Linda

It's only a problem if proximity to the pool is really important to you. I'm not really sure why it is important for some people, because they are mostly just sunbathing and not even using the pool. I don't really care about being right by the pool and so I have never had an issue with finding available deck chairs.

I do understand why it would be important to some people, such as those trying to keep an eye on their children who are using the pool.

I wonder what the ration is of guests onboard to chairs. They should be close I feel cause what else do guests want to do on a beautiful day at sea I will be pissed off to say the least if I can not get seats for me and my husband, and if I wake up early to put some stuff on the chairs no one shoudl have a problem with that.

No, that would not be a problem. I'm pretty sure they have an area where you'll be able to reclaim your stuff. :cool:

No, that would not be a problem. I'm pretty sure they have an area where you'll be able to reclaim your stuff. :cool:

I personally would not move peoples things but we have asked the staff to do this if saved chairs have been empty for a long time, they gladly do it.

Finding a chair right by the pool can be a problem, but normally we don't care if we are by the pool or not. In fact, it's noisier and more crowded there, so we'd rather be somewhere else.

However, we recently cruised with grandchildren on the Navigator and did need to be near the pool to watch them. We usually were able to find at least one chair, but sometimes had to do some looking. It was easier than on most ships, for some reason.

Otherwise, we just wander around the upper decks and always eventually find chairs.

Archived