Choose My Romantic Excursion in the Western Caribbean, Win a Prize!

kimmiekaz

Choose My Romantic Excursion in the Western Caribbean, Win a Prize!  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Choose My Romantic Excursion in the Western Caribbean, Win a Prize!

• Horseback ride along the beach - Cozumel
    • Mexican cuisine cooking class - Cozumel
    • Secluded Passion Island Beach (lounge, swim, hang in hammocks) - Cozumel
    • All-terrain vehicle adventure through the jungle - Cozumel
    • Sauna experience at Temazcal Mayan Sweatlodge - Cozumel

I've noticed that many of you who have voted for the Passion Island excursion have been there too. What kind of lunch is offered? Is it buffet-style cuisine or do you order individually? What do you recommend? And same goes for beverages...if there's any time to indulge in a fruity island drink, it's at this beach. Any must-have's you would suggest? As a sidenote, I think the fact that Corona commercials have been filmed at this beach is really cool. I know everytime I see them on TV, I wish I was being whisked away there!

Thanks!

Kim

Go for the sweat lodge! How many times in your life will you be able to say "I went to a Mayan sweat lodge."????????

That was my first pick too...but we're going where the members send us! Passion Island beach will be fabulous I'm sure, and I've scheduled a couples massage for as soon as we get back on the ship that day. Not only will it be very romantic, but this day will be very relaxing too!

I've noticed that many of you who have voted for the Passion Island excursion have been there too. What kind of lunch is offered? Is it buffet-style cuisine or do you order individually? What do you recommend? And same goes for beverages...if there's any time to indulge in a fruity island drink, it's at this beach. Any must-have's you would suggest? As a sidenote, I think the fact that Corona commercials have been filmed at this beach is really cool. I know everytime I see them on TV, I wish I was being whisked away there!

Thanks!

Kim

The lunch is buffet style and the mahi-mahi was excellent. As far as drinks are concerned, they have an island specialty drink that was ok, but I simply drank rum punch. They do water down the drinks quite a bit, but that is to be expected.

The lunch is buffet style and the mahi-mahi was excellent. As far as drinks are concerned, they have an island specialty drink that was ok, but I simply drank rum punch. They do water down the drinks quite a bit, but that is to be expected.

Thanks Shaggy!

I love mahi mahi, it's my favorite fish of all! I hate that some people confuse it with dolphin! :) I don't believe I've ever had rum punch, lots of pina coladas and daiquiris though...so I'll definitely have to give the punch a whirl!

That was my first pick too...but we're going where the members send us! Passion Island beach will be fabulous I'm sure, and I've scheduled a couples massage for as soon as we get back on the ship that day. Not only will it be very romantic, but this day will be very relaxing too!

Why not do the massage on the beach? Just a thought. If you post an email you may get more replies from locals.

Although I have never done any of these ship tours, you mentioned romantic. My vote was for the seculded Passion Island day. While ATV and Horseback riding sound nice and adventuresome, you are not together on either of those unless you agree to ride next to each other in advance.

No matter what you decide, have a great cruise. Happy Valentines Day.

Personally I would look into booking the Tucan Sailing trip. My husband and I absolutely LOVE catamaran sailing - laying in the nets, cocktail in hand. While we have not experienced this particular trip yet (Feb 21st hootie hoo!!!) we have done similiar trips on other islands. For us this is the most relaxing way to explore destinations without a crowd. Whatever you decide, have a GREAT time!!

We have been on the Toucan sailing trip and are hoping to get 3 more people in April so that we can do it again. It was by far the best excursion we have ever been on. We tried posting this on the roll call thread, but no responses so far. You will have a wonderful day sailing, unlimited drinks, lunch cooked on board, and freshly made salsa and guacamole. This is booked independently, not through the cruise line. Google Cozumel sailing in blue, or look under the web site cozumelmycozumel.com under tours we trust.

You won't regret it!

Kim,

To me the only choice and the one that I picked was the ATV excursion...I mean just think, your in the jungle...it's really hot, your sweating and not knowing if some wild animal will attack you or not (ahhh Dave, this might be your clue ;)

What better place for a romantic "Rumble in the Jungle"

Kim: Hope you are having a great time on your cruise!

I had never heard of the Temazcal Mayan Sweatlodge before your post and am very interested in booking. However, I'm not finding any information on line, other than in relation to RCCL cruises. Is it only offered through the cruise lines? We are on Carnival in March.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Archived