Choose My Romantic Excursion in the Western Caribbean, Win a Prize!

kimmiekaz

Choose My Romantic Excursion in the Western Caribbean, Win a Prize!  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Choose My Romantic Excursion in the Western Caribbean, Win a Prize!

• Horseback ride along the beach - Cozumel
    • Mexican cuisine cooking class - Cozumel
    • Secluded Passion Island Beach (lounge, swim, hang in hammocks) - Cozumel
    • All-terrain vehicle adventure through the jungle - Cozumel
    • Sauna experience at Temazcal Mayan Sweatlodge - Cozumel

Hello fellow cruisers! I’ll be on Ruby Princess the week of Valentine’s Day, treating my fiancé to a romance-themed cruise to the Western Caribbean. There are plenty of soothing things to do onboard, like romantic dinners (maybe even one on our balcony), relaxing spa treatments and lounging in the adults-only Sanctuary. Onboard, speakers will hold seminars on the topic of L-O-V-E. I’m also really looking forward to sharing sushi, wine and some good conversation together at Vines!

But while love will definitely be in the air on the ship, I can’t decide which shore excursions will carry that warm and fuzzy feeling from ship to land – particularly in the hustling, bustling cruise port of Cozumel.

That’s where you come in. Vote above for the excursion you think would be the most romantic -- and fun. We’ll do whichever option gets the most votes – and I’ll write about it in my live blog from the ship, which starts on Saturday, February 14. What’s in it for you? To sweeten the deal, I’ll select one respondent at random and pick up a special keepsake for them during my romantic day ashore! (The polls close on Friday, February 13, one vote per member.)

Also: Please be sure to post about your own experiences in these ports and any pointers you think will help me and other cruisers find romance ashore. Thanks in advance for your help – stay tuned for the blog (link coming soon).

Kim :p

Hi Kim,

My wife & I voted for the horseback ride on the beach as being the most romantic. After that then go to Passion Island Beach :):) and relax in a hammock with large margarita. Sorry we'll miss you as we are sailing the week after, on Feb. 21st. Why don't you and your fiancé extend your cruise another week and tie the knot onboard the Ruby, then you can keep that warm and fuzzy feeling by doing the other 3 excursions in Coz. :D:D Have fun!!!

David & Lorenza

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone that's voted in the poll. I have to say, I honestly like all of the options and wouldn't mind doing them all. I think the ATV tour and the Mayan Sweatlodge would be the most interesting excursions, but then the others would just be really relaxing. Decisions, decisions -- it's a good thing I'm not the one making them! I'll be interested to see which one wins. As of now, it looks like Passion Island Beach has a very healthy lead...which is fine with me!

I'll keep checking in to see which one we'll get to go on. :D

Kim

Hi all,

This is Kim's fiance, Dave. All of the excursions sound really appealing, however, my vote goes to the ATV Tour in Cozumel's jungles. It sounds like the best of both worlds -- a really exciting tour on All-terrain vehicles and this one includes a beach break afterwards, too. Plus, we don't want to pour the romance on too heavy. From what I hear, there will be a lot of that on the ship!

So, VOTE ATV!

Thanks -- Dave

Passion Island is nice as long as you can run the gauntlet of mosquitos without getting eaten alive. Be certain to take bug spray or ask your guide to spray you down BEFORE you get to the island.

The open bar and free buffet are nice and you can walk away from the crowds to find a nice, private part of the beach.

They have a few stores that sell local knickknacks and the restrooms are a short walk from the bar. ;)

We were at Passion Island last week. It was out third visit. Never had any mosquito problems. Passion Island is what a beach break should be. Quiet, beautiful sand and great food and drink without many people around.

I've done the horeseback riding in Cozumel, and one thing you should be prepared for is that all the horses start pooping as soon as they get out into the water. I enjoyed the out-of-water part of the ride, but during the ride in the water, I was constantly trying to shift my weight and lift my legs up to keep them poop-free and to keep them from being crushed between the horses, which were all running right up against each other in the water -- not my idea of a romantic time!

DH and I did a local cooking class in Curacao, and it was one of the best excursions we've done, so I voted for the Mexican cooking class.

If I were choosing for me it would be Passion Island but if I am choosing for my husband ATV all the way. My DH of 28 years loves action activities whereas I love romance and time focusing on each other. So bottom line, is it all about you or him? Since being married I have learned that sometimes doing something he wants that really doesn't interest me can be an opportunity to find a new passion in my life as well. Looking forward to hearing what happens. All the best.

Passion Island seemed to me th only logical choice for romance. With horseback riding, you could end up sore. That would make for a sad night back in your cabin. :). With the sweat lodge, I think you would feel very unsexy. With the cooking, it sounds fun, but unless your cooking romantic food and feeding one another alone... How romantic could that be? With the ATV excursion, you'd have a blast, but you would be very tired. That is not conducive to romance. Enough said.

I had to think about this one for a very long time. We will be celebrating 36 years this August and "I" would find passion island to be the most romantic, BUT ..... knowing DH has a different idea of romantic than I do, i voted for the ATV.

(I know that I enjoy having new experiences with DH, and we've had lovely romantic beach days over the years .... but it would be more exciting to spend the day having a wild adventure .... and to continue the adventure once back on board the ship :))

Whatever you decide to do .... (romance is different for each couple) .... have a wonderful time, enjoy each others company, life and love is meant to be lived to the fullest.................. I wish you years of adventures and romance. Jan

Well, it looks as if we'll be going to Passion Island Beach...that is, if the poll was going to close today. Being that there's 2 more weeks to vote, I encourage you to make it a closer race and vote for some of the other choices. If you've seen my post above you'll know I'm rooting for the Mayan Sweatlodge, and my fiance, in true typical-man style, is hoping the ATV Tour wins.

This has been a lot of fun so far, I'm excited to see how it finally ends up! :rolleyes:

Kim

That is...um, excellent and useful detail about the horseback ride LOL!

Kim, I voted for the Sweatlodge, but the Mexican cooking class sounds great too... and let's face it, spending a day on the beach would be pretty fun too. I'll be back here in frigid New Jersey!

I've done the horeseback riding in Cozumel, and one thing you should be prepared for is that all the horses start pooping as soon as they get out into the water. I enjoyed the out-of-water part of the ride, but during the ride in the water, I was constantly trying to shift my weight and lift my legs up to keep them poop-free and to keep them from being crushed between the horses, which were all running right up against each other in the water -- not my idea of a romantic time!

DH and I did a local cooking class in Curacao, and it was one of the best excursions we've done, so I voted for the Mexican cooking class.

Kimberly,

I picked the secluded each most specifically I would recommend that you go to Nach Cocom this has everything you have asked for the hammocks, the swim bar , you can even get a massage find a nice secluded palce to sit and just enjoy each others company have a great time.

Susan

Momeagle36

OK, I picked the ATV tour and, although it isn't "romantic" in the traditional sense, I will tell you why. First, I want to say that neither my husband or myself are really super athletic or active people and the idea of spending the day at the beach is very relaxing for us. BUT, of all the excursions we have done together, the ones that really stand out are the ones that had us DOING something, snow trekking in alaska, water rafting, dune buggys, etc., etc. At the end of the day, we were always exhausted, but in a good way. The night always concluded with more "cuddling ;)" time, just relaxing and rehashing the days activities. We have done many "beach breaks" but they all blur together and nothing really separates one from the other. The most memorable, the ones we cherish the most, are the ones that we got to experience something different together.

OK, I picked the ATV tour and, although it isn't "romantic" in the traditional sense, I will tell you why. First, I want to say that neither my husband or myself are really super athletic or active people and the idea of spending the day at the beach is very relaxing for us. BUT, of all the excursions we have done together, the ones that really stand out are the ones that had us DOING something, snow trekking in alaska, water rafting, dune buggys, etc., etc. At the end of the day, we were always exhausted, but in a good way. The night always concluded with more "cuddling ;)" time, just relaxing and rehashing the days activities. We have done many "beach breaks" but they all blur together and nothing really separates one from the other. The most memorable, the ones we cherish the most, are the ones that we got to experience something different together.

I totally agree with you, icruiz2. As much as I am looking forward to a nice relaxing beach day (believe me, I AM!), we would like to do something a bit more active, too. Luckily we have three other ports of call on this trip to choose something different, but it will be nice to have a mix of things to do. I really like to sightsee, he likes active excursions and who doesn't like a beach break? We're really trying to cram it all in. It should be a lot of fun...thanks to everyone for your votes!

Kim

Archived