Book an oceanview and be upgraded to balcony promotion

LindaJean

Has anyone booked a 2009 Caribbean cruise under the Wave Season Princess promotion book an oceanview cabin and be upgraded for free to a balcony stateroom for free?

I emailed my TA Monday requesting cabin info under this promotion for the Oct 11th sailing of the Emerald Princess and am waiting a reply.

Wondering if any of you have been successful in getting this deal.

Has anyone booked a 2009 Caribbean cruise under the Wave Season Princess promotion book an oceanview cabin and be upgraded for free to a balcony stateroom for free?

I emailed my TA Monday requesting cabin info under this promotion for the Oct 11th sailing of the Emerald Princess and am waiting a reply.

Wondering if any of you have been successful in getting this deal.

If I had wanted this, I would have picked up the phone and called Princess on Monday. You don't need any TA until AFTER you get what you want. Four days is way too long to wait.

I received the Jan 2009 Captain Circle Quarterly with a free OV-> Balcony upgrade offer for Europe, but when I log on to Princess and look at the specific cruise(s) mentioned, I find the prices to now be a lot lower than what was offered in the mailing. Prices are different for OV and Balcony, but about 50% to 65% of the price in the mailing. (Specifically, 12 Day Grand Princess Nov 18 sailing; quarterly has OV or Balcony at $2199, online has OV @$1120 and Bal @ $1445.)

Did not get a recent Caribbean offer like you mention, but would first look to see if online prices are lower than the offer.

ETA-If you are talking about this page, http://www.cruisecritic.com/bargains/news.cfm?NewsID=7552 then I agree with Pia, you should call Princess ASAP and book, then transfer to your TA.

Thank you for the information. I will contact Princess.

You can also just ask Princess to hold the booking for you and then turn it over to your TA who may give you a deeper discount with a possible obc. That's what I did when I booked the 2 for 1 Alaska cruise. As low as the Princess price was, my TA discounted it even more. When I decided to book the cruise it was late in the evening EST where my TA is. I didn't want to lose the cabin I wanted so I just asked Princess to put the booking on hold for me. They hold it for 3 days. The following morning I called my TA who took over the booking. Good thing I did it that way as all the cabins I would have wanted were gone by then.

Archived