Are there Sheets&Blankets or comforters(Duvets) on the Brilliance?

Sorry everyone, but my wife is desperate to know. :confused:

If it's sheets & blankets she will be bringing her own comforter!:eek:

Our cruise is only a week away, so we are getting desperate for a definitive answer.

We are sailing on the Brilliance next friday for 10 days.

Thank you all in advance!:cool:

Gene & Theresa

Sorry everyone, but my wife is desperate to know. :confused:

If it's sheets & blankets she will be bringing her own comforter!:eek:

Our cruise is only a week away, so we are getting desperate for a definitive answer.

We are sailing on the Brilliance next friday for 10 days.

Thank you all in advance!:cool:

Gene & Theresa

The new bedding that was installed fleet wide has a duvet on the bed. There is a sheet and blanket underneath.

The duvet is very heavy and very warm................so your wife will not need to bring her own comforter. Now she has more room for clothes/shoes!!:D

Enjoy your cruise on Brilliance.

OK. I know that the cabin will have a full assortment of bedding items. Perhaps I should have made myself clearer.

DW and I prefer comforters rather than sheets and blankets on our beds. In the UK (and other european countries), a hotel room will either have sheets and blankets OR a big soft comforter in the room (sometimes called a duvet).

Now, because of this, my wife is absolutley determined to bring her own comforter with her on this cruise if there are none provided on the ship. So, this is why I am asking the question...

Didnt mean to confuse anyone, but I am hoping that someone will give let us know what was in their cabin.

Thanks,

G&T

The new bedding that was installed fleet wide has a duvet on the bed. There is a sheet and blanket underneath.

The duvet is very heavy and very warm................so your wife will not need to bring her own comforter. Now she has more room for clothes/shoes!!:D

Enjoy your cruise on Brilliance.

Cruisenfever, I could kiss you!:D

Thank you for answering my question! I will buy you a drink the next time we are cruising together:p

G&T

:):p:)

Make sure that you let your cabin attendant know that you just want the duvet left on the bed.

I would have given anything to have that thing off of my bed. It weighs a ton on my feet. :rolleyes:

But, then we would have frozen to death because the air conditioner knob was broken and stuck on high for 5 days of our 14 day cruise.:eek: :D

It was colder in there than our mini refrigerator.

Here is what the bedding looks like. Click on the small picture to enlarge it.

I suggest u bring your own because the duvet is sort of like a pce of soft cardboard - heavy & keeps u warm, sometimes too warm but its a tad uncomfortable not at all like a regular down filled soft & lite duvet..I love those type of duvets and dislike the ones on the bed; its why I always ask for 2 blankets instead..

Hope this description is what u are looking for!

Have happy cruisin'!

By the way are the duvet covers changed weekly? Just crious because it simply covers the comforter and is very easily changed. Whenever we are in a hotel the comforter on top is removed immediately! I never lay on it or use it for any reason what so ever. I guess I've watched to many shows. So I've been curious about the duvets? thankx.

I would have given anything to have that thing off of my bed. It weighs a ton on my feet. :rolleyes:

But, then we would have frozen to death because the air conditioner knob was broken and stuck on high for 5 days of our 14 day cruise.:eek: :D

It was colder in there than our mini refrigerator.

Here is what the bedding looks like. Click on the small picture to enlarge it.

Hi Alexis................I agree the duvet is way to heavy. We always have our cabin attendant take it off and put it in storage. We like the blanket between two sheets.

TifTif.......I have no idea if the duvet cover is changed weekly. I would like to think so................

I hope RCCL is reading this because I also think those comforter/duvet things are waaay too heavy. It is like sleeping under a ton of bricks....now the lovely, light down comforters, that is a different story. They are wonderful. Wish they would get those for the ships. Even the poly fill ones would be better than what they have now. You almost need to be a weightlifter to turn over in bed!

I am a blanket between two sheets fan as well.

I hope RCCL is reading this because I also think those comforter/duvet things are waaay too heavy. It is like sleeping under a ton of bricks....now the lovely, light down comforters, that is a different story. They are wonderful. Wish they would get those for the ships. Even the poly fill ones would be better than what they have now. You almost need to be a weightlifter to turn over in bed!

I am a blanket between two sheets fan as well.

Wow, I thought we were the only ones! - where (and why) did they get those things - unlike any bedding I have ever seen elsewhere.

London Lad - if your wife is picky she better bring her own, the RC duvet is unlike any comforter. The only land-based equivalents I could give you might be a horse blanket, or the lead blanket they put on you for Xrays at the dentist (this sounds like overstatement, but its not).

RC - why not have a "light" option?

Archived