Carnival Fantasy

cruizinonup

Just got back from the 5 night sailing on Thurs. I gotta say the drydock did wonders for the ship. I thought she looked worlds better than last January. We had a great time. The only complaint I have is that they don't change the shows more often. I am ready for some new ones.

Who was your Captain? Was it still Pier Paolo Scala?

He was on our sailing and we went to Q&A with the captain. He said he would be on the Fantasy until the end of Feb. then he would be going on vacation and then joining the Destiny.

Thanks. We sailed the Fantasy over Christmas time with him, and my husband loved the "cigars under the stars" and the captains Q & A. My husband is an engineer, and just loved asking Pier Paolo questions about the "guts" of the ship. I guess our next cruise will be in the fall on the Destiny!

Thanks. We sailed the Fantasy over Christmas time with him, and my husband loved the "cigars under the stars" and the captains Q & A. My husband is an engineer, and just loved asking Pier Paolo questions about the "guts" of the ship. I guess our next cruise will be in the fall on the Destiny!

We were on Christmas week and really enjoyed the Q&A and the Cigar under the stars too. He was the best.

What time did you arrive and how quick was embarkation? My docs say 12:30pm and I thought it was usually 11:30am?

We normally arrive at the port at 10:30am, processing usually starts around 10:45am and boarding around 11:30am.

Dave

We arrived at the pier at 10:50 on the 24th, and there was no line at VIP check-in and only a very short line for regular check-in. Boarding began before 11:30, and we were eating lunch by 11:40. I will say that when boarding began, the lines at check-in were HUGE - hundreds and hundreds of people arrived between 11 and 11:30.

My advice is to arrive at the terminal at 10:30 unless you are VIP, and arrive by 11 if you're VIP. It's always better to beat those crowds than to spend hours standing in line while others are already enjoying their vacation on board.

Could I ask if you use your sign and sail card to open the room door, or do you get a separate key for your room door.

Glad you had a good time. Looking forward to March 12, our good time...

Thanks

The ship was upgraded in March, 2008 to where you only have your S&S card now.

Dave

Could I ask if you use your sign and sail card to open the room door, or do you get a separate key for your room door.

Glad you had a good time. Looking forward to March 12, our good time...

Thanks

You use your S&S card.

1:00pm will work!

Our friends arrived at 2 PM and by then the lines were gone and they walked right on.

I still prefer, if at all possible, to get there early so I can begin my vacation asap! But as long as you're there by 2 or so you'll be fine. The muster drill is at 3 PM, so be sure you arrive early enough to get something to eat before the drill begins.

What is the latest one could arrive at the port to check-in? Can we arrive around 1:00pm or is that too late?

You MUST be checked in PRIOR to 2:30pm if you have not completed your Funpass. If you have it completed, then 3pm. The ship is required to submit the manifest 60 minutes prior to sailaway. Once the manifest is submitted, no names can be added to it. If you get there after it is submitted, even though the ship is still sitting there, you will be denied boarding.

Dave

Archived