Is there a Laundromat on the Noordam?

Dodger Blue

Sorry to say, there is no laundramat on the Noordam. There is a laundry service that you pay for though. Each cabin has a small blue bag hanging in the closet. I've forgotten how much it costs, but I've been told you can get a lot of dirty clothes in it.

I've simply rinsed things out by hand and hung them in the shower to dry. It works for me!

The last time I used the bag it wasw $12. And you could stuff quite a bit in it. I've washed my own clothes where self-service washers were present ... and I've used the ship's laundry. The latter is wonderful. Let them do it so you can enjoy your time onboard.

I'll be taking my first HAL cruise on the transatlantic, 16-day Mediterannean cruise on April 3. Can someone tell me if they have a laundromat onboard the Noordam? Thanks.

Have a look at the Roll call for this Transatlantic crossing, register for the "Cruising Buddies of OZ" meet and greet party.

We took Noordam's October 2008 trans-atlantic back form Rome. In addition to the all-you-can-stuff bag at a set price, they also offered an unlimited laundry service for the duration of the cruise. I can't remember how much the package cost, but it worked out to be about half what it would have been if we had sent things separately. We didn't fill all the bags each time, so I can't tell if it was cheaper than the by-the-bag deal -- it may work out close to the same. But, using the laundry sure saved on the luggage space.

Dave

The price is quite reasonable when you send items out by the laundry bag - and the dry cleaning is no more than what you'd pay for similar services ashore....

...and it beats sitting in a stuffy laundromat when you could/should be out enjoying the fine scenery.

Archived