Iamsterdam card and queue jumping?

bigwally

Does anyone know if it's still necessary to wait in the regular ticket lines for either the Van Gogh museum or the Rikjsmuseum when you're using the Iamsterdam card?

As far as I know yes indeed. On the other side there often are hardly any lines.

By the other side, you mean people that have pre-paid bookings?

Maybe my english wasnot that good. ...I mean in general you will hardly find lines at those museums. But if there is a special line for people holding tickets I am sure it will show at the entrance.

Ann Frank house is known for its lines, that is why I advise people to make reservations on line .(Ann frank isnot included on the I-Amsterdam card.)

Oh, I don't know.....the day they visited on one of the TV travel programmes (think it was Samantha Brown), there was a pretty good sized queue going at the Van Gogh!

Yes, I did know about the Ann Frank house. And, as you so rightly say, since it's not on the IA card we will be booking and paying in advance for it. I understand the procedure for there is to ignore the queue and go to the intercom box mounted beside the door to let them know you have a pre-booking and have arrived.

Unfortunately, the I Amsterdam card doesn't eliminate having to queue up. I also belive that you can't just make a reservation without paying online--which would of course defeat the City Card. So, hopefully Ine is right on about not long lines. I think there is a museum pass that does allow you to skip the lines. (but transportation included)

Archived