15% Discount from Carnival - When and how applied?

ATLCruiseJunkie

Hello Everyone,

During our last cruise on the Triumph, our room had plumbing problems which resulted in two days of wet carpet, multiple shampooings, and large blowers in our cabin. A few weeks later, we received a letter offering us a 15% discount on our next booking, which could be applied in addition to any other discounts. We sent in the letter as noted in the directions after we booked our upcoming Freedom cruise. Final payment will be charged on Feb 9th.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of letter? How will the discount show up (we booked through a big warehouse store travel club)? Has anyone had issues with it... should we call and follow up with Carnival? :confused: Edited to add: we sent the letter in about three weeks ago.

Thanks!

Hello Everyone,

During our last cruise on the Triumph, our room had plumbing problems which resulted in two days of wet carpet, multiple shampooings, and large blowers in our cabin. A few weeks later, we received a letter offering us a 15% discount on our next booking, which could be applied in addition to any other discounts. We sent in the letter as noted in the directions after we booked our upcoming Freedom cruise. Final payment will be charged on Feb 9th.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of letter? How will the discount show up (we booked through a big warehouse store travel club)? Has anyone had issues with it... should we call and follow up with Carnival? :confused: Edited to add: we sent the letter in about three weeks ago.

Thanks!

If I had a 15% offer from Carnival (and expecially because of your prior incident) I would have booked directly with Carnival to ensure "maximum" control over cabin location, discount, etc.

And yes, I would follow-up with Carnival (you will probably have to do a 3 way call since you booked with an agency) before your final payment is due.

Good luck !

I think it will only apply to the cruise portion. i.e. if your cruise payment was $659, only $500 approx of that amount is the cruise portion, about $159ish on a 7 day is port taxes and the 15% off wouldnt apply to that portion of your fare.

My TA discounts 10% and it only applies to the cruise portion as well.

If I had a 15% offer from Carnival (and expecially because of your prior incident) I would have booked directly with Carnival to ensure "maximum" control over cabin location, discount, etc.

And yes, I would follow-up with Carnival (you will probably have to do a 3 way call since you booked with an agency) before your final payment is due.

Good luck !

Well, the letter specifically mentioned bookings with a TA, but had the same instructions that we followed. However, we'll still be sure to call Carnival to follow up. We were going to book with Carnival directly at first, but the rate through the travel club was lower than it would have been with Carnival, even with the 15% discount applied.

Thanks for the reply :)

Archived