Grand Suite Privacy

Stillfrantic,

Have stayed in a GS 4 times on RCI (Vision class). For the two of us, this is one of our favorite cabin arrangements. There is a curtain (end of the bed), floor to ceiling which recesses into a slender wall (near the vanity). I love it! I call it my "cocoon", and when SO gets up earlier than I, he knows to "cocoon" me off from the light, and pull the curtain all the way across. In the Vision class, the sliding glass doors are a beautiful expanse looking out onto the balcony (curtained, also, of course). If there are more than two of you, I think the RS would be the best choice, if privacy is your concern.

We picked the Royal Family Suite. It was a tough call.....The Grand Suite balcony looks incredible! In the end, we traded off that great balcony for 2 true bedrooms and 2 BATHROOMS!! Yeah!:p With 5 of us, the extra bathroom will probably log more hours than the verandah anyway.:)

If this is for Voyager-class, you'll love the RFS balcony. We made great use of it. I loved having breakfast outside in peace and quiet. Your bedroom is very private and quite sizeable. There's a ton of storage too. Enjoy, it's worth it!

I think you made the right decision. Sounds as if you will have a wonderful time in the RS -- I believe it will fit your group of 5 perfectly, from the comments of those posters who have been in one. Bon Voyage (for next summer!) :D

Archived