Limo Service in Tampa

SunLover05

Does anyone have a suggestion of a limo service in Tampa to get from our hotel to the port? Or, just take a taxi? There are 12 of us.

I have used Larry's Limo in Ft. Lauderdale, but I can't find information on a good company in Tampa.

I think it would be least expensive to pick up two or three taxis from the airport. The fare from the airport to the port when we were there last August was $25. I would call the hotel to see what the fare would be to your hotel. They are priced by zone so they should be able to tell you. You can get van taxis for the same amount as regular car cabs. We easily fit five of us in the van; I am not sure how six would work.

We haven't used this service yet, but we have it booked for this weekend. We were quoted $11/person from The Sailport Suites to the Port of Tampa.

I think we'll be close to Sailport Suites and hopefully the price will be the same. I'm hoping they'll be able to accomodate us stopping at Total Wine on the way to the port so we can load up.

Rachel

I contacted Blue One Transportation today. (I have clients on the Veendam that want transfers)

I spoke with Pauline and she quoted the following: From the airport or hotel to the Veendam, Terminal 3, Port of Tampa, and the return from the ship to the airport - quoted $10/person each way, without tip. $12 each way with tip.

They are prepaid transfers. A voucher will be issued upon payment. You pick your time for hotel tranfer. If at the airport, call their phone number when you land, prior to luggage pick up, so they can see where their shuttles are and advise you of your pickup time. She said it is usually a maximum of a 10 minutes wait when done that way.

Hope this helps.

Denise

Last November at the Marriott Renaissance the valet arranged a van for us. Three couples with all our bags and I believe it was $6:00 per person. The valet made the reservation for us the night before.

It went off like clockwork and will definitely do the same on our next cruise in May.

Blue One also quoted us $10 pp from hotel to port. However, I want to stop at Total Wine on the way and it will be an additional $25 for a 15 minute wait. So I figure I can order online from Total Wine and have it at the ready so we can pop in, pick up the wine, and head to the ship.

Now, what do I do with the wine while we're boarding? Do we leave it with the luggage? Do we carry it around with us until our room is ready?

Rachel

Now, what do I do with the wine while we're boarding? Do we leave it with the luggage? Do we carry it around with us until our room is ready?

We packed our wine in a rolling duffel so that we could hand-carry it onboard, rather than leaving it with the luggage. They pack the luggage containers VERY full and I did not want to risk breakage. You could also put your case of wine on one of those portable rolling luggage racks. (Total Wine had plenty of empty boxes available when we were there.)

Archived