Cape Liberty

sprite

Hi folks - I posted this over on the East Coast Departures board and, as I feared, aren't getting much response. Can you help?

So, just how bad will traffic be getting to port? Are there plenty of parking spaces? Now that parking is before the terminal, do we still follow the routine of dropping passengers and luggage off at the terminal and then the driver backtracks to the parking?

Bayonne is a breeze. Last May, we got there at 11:00, sat in a steadily moving line of cars and dropped off the bags at 11:15. Then you simply pay to park, lock your car and walk into the terminal. We were checked in by 11:45 and on one of the shuttle busses to the ship by 12:10, onboard by 12:15. It was even easier leaving. Our color was called at 8:30, right after we finished breakfast in the dining room. We went down, got on the shuttle and picked up our bags. We went right through customs and started the car. We were on the Jersey Turnpike by 9:15. We love sailing from Bayonne!

Eric

The first time we sailed from Bayonne, you came to the parking area first. The last time we sailed, the parking area was past the terminal building, so that you left your bags and then went and parked your car.

Has this changed again?

Hey..I usually answer but i am ON Explorer in St Thomas so i am not on line as much since internet is sooo NOT cheap...but i'm in a cafe now...

yes follow the same routine....the worst part is the traffic, but hey it's jersey, what can you expect.....the longest part is from the entrance to the drop off...BUT hey, it isn't bad...took us less than an hour from our hotel by EWR til we were seated awaiting the boarding to start...(all checked in and stuff)!

i was on the explorer in august 08 out of cape liberty and we got there around 10:00 driving and just drove right in to the pier and dropped off our luggage there was no wait then walked through check in and sat until it started boarding and had drinks and cookies then took a bus to the ship and walked on.

Thanks for the info all!!

Meg - thought you'd be busy posting updates on the props so didn't want to bother.

I ment to say that the parking is now AFTER the terminal, right? I think somebody said that's new. DH is highly suspicious at the ease of driving to the port at getting on as we've only ever had to fly to port so I'm trying to ease his/our concerns.

Thanks again.

Archived