Spirit 6279 Help?

JesMil

Hello All. We are making our holiday cruise plans, and we are confronted with so many choices and prices by our most excellent TA. She gave us a price of about $500.00 more for a 9A on the Spirit, cabin no. 6279. I looked on the deck plan, and the cabin has a funky layout, but looks interesting. Does anyone have experience with this cabin, or cabin type? Does anyone have photos? does anyone have any personal experience which would help me decide between the 9A or the standard balcony cabin? Thanks for all the anticipated help!

We had had a 9A booked for the 4 of us on Miracle. After much thought, I "downgraded" to a regular balcony cabin - but one with a 100 ft. balcony. (and it was extended width, also!) Saved about $1200 downgrading, and loved cabin 6232!! There are (I think) 4 cabins on the ship with the extra long balconies - well worth the money. (only 6232 is a quad) We use the balconies more than the cabin. I would look into that option if the extra cabin space is not an issue for you. I'd rather have the $500 - a 9A is not a suite, just an extra large cabin!

Tons of posts on Carnival board about 9A wrap arounds. I haven't heard anyone say they weren't worth the money and most people won't cruise without them once they had one. I saw a picture on here that pretty much proves my point. I would love to have that balcony. I had an aft extended balcony just 2 over from it and I really liked my cabin 6264. But the 9A's are supposed to be better than suites some say.

This pic was from 6264 far aft. The wrap will have this view as well as side view.

My mistake. I thought you were talking about a wrap. Friends of our stayed in 6281 handicapped cabin next to it and the balcony was great but 6279 is slightly smaller balcony. Still, the room is larger than standard balcony. I think some of the links above have pictures of the L-shaped cabins which I think this is considered L shape.

Cabin 6279 (9A OST4) 230/85 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed-1 upper rab:0

View: window and large balcony connecting balconies: yes

TV; VCR; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 2-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Thanks for the links to the other threads. I think Spirit 6279 is an unusual cabin, it's not a wrap, but a bit of a larger cabin. I can't seem to find any photos of that configuration. We booked it, so we will see it first hand in December. Thanks again.

I thought Cat 11 was the wraparound deck cabin category on Spirit(?). We've booked a 9A also (5241). Not only are the cabin and deck larger than standard balcony cabins, but the interior is fitted out with materials closer to the "suites"-type accommodations, with granite countertops, inlaid tiles in the bathroom, etc.

The 9A's are 2 to a deck, and side by side on each deck. On each deck, each one has a slightly different layout from the other.

Bon voyage!

Boy Glenn and Steven, I sure would appreciate photos of your cabin after your Alaska adventure! Very interesting that these 9A's have some of the suite building materials!

You can be quite sure I'll be posting an exhaustive photo-report when we return! Check out the links on our signature to see what I'm talking about... ;)

-Glenn-

Archived